London Tottenham’s uncomfortable neighbours up in flames
It’s the single company that refused to sell and has been effectively blocking Tottenham’s new stadium for a decade. Last night it went up in flames.
Russia Kaliningrad to be removed from the 2018 World Cup?
Sports minister Vitaly Mutko threatened to remove Kaliningrad from World Cup host list, if the city doesn’t immediately resolve its stadium problem. Is this threat realistic?
Doha Final concept for Khalifa Stadium presented
Not the national stadium of Qatar any more. Instead, the largest athletic stadium domestically and one of the best connected arenas worldwide. With reduced capacity and impressive new roof, here’s Khalifa Stadium.
Colombia Stunning flag celebrates 101 years of Independiente Medellin
Officially the largest flag ever presented in a stadium. Unofficially: one was bigger, but too big to present it inside. Anyhow, this one is mind-blowing with 32,000sqm.
England Bournemouth assure expansion is coming
Their ambition is to advance to the Premier League, but it’s not easy with one of Championship’s smallest stadiums. Now AFC Bournemouth reassure their fans: expansion will happen.
New stadiums History and future of Chinese sports
Ever thought China has no interesting football history? Veeery wrong! Check out two great stadiums from Guangzhou and two more that show how the country is developing its infrastructure. Even in Tibet…
Minneapolis Impressive progress at Vikings stadium
Almost a third of the new multi-use arena in Minneapolis is already standing. First sections of the future seating bowl can already be seen in the east. 700 people are working constantly on the site.
Zimbabwe Tragedy after mass in Kwekwe, 11 people dead
The scenario seems just too similar to other disasters at African stadia. Entry gates closed and panic in the dense crowd resulted in 11 people losing their lives.
Poland Not entirely worthy farewell in Lodz
One of Poland’s most popular clubs said goodbye to their old stadium today, following 84 years of service. But it was hardly an actual celebration of the old stadium, spoiled by players and some fans.
- Munich: Bayern repaid Allianz Arena ahead of plan
- New design: Sydney to get the world’s best stadium?
- San Jose: Earthquakes find naming rights partner while stadium cost soars
- Freiburg: Council supports the new stadium
- New stadiums: Allianz Parque and “the great wheel”
- Germany: Chemnitzer FC offers stadium souvenirs
- Netherlands: Why so few standing sections in Eredivisie?
- London: Wimbledon filed stadium planning application
- Slovakia: Demolition started in Trencin
- Glasgow: Scotland fan killed in tragedy at Celtic Park
- New design: Sóstói Stadion in Szekesfehervar
- Cyprus: Groundbreaking in Limassol in early 2015?
- Pyongyang: May Day Stadium reopened
- New design/construction: Very concrete Rambergsvallen
- Slovakia: Record low turnout for top league
- New stadiums: Stettin, Grajewo, Lubin and Zambrów
- New design: The cut stadium from Aue
- Belgium: KV Mechelen refresh two stands
- Poland: Private partner to help resurrect Świętochłowice’s sleeping giant?
- Qatar 2022: Entire World Cup in one city? It’s possible…
- 2030 World Cup: Chile to bid with or without Uruguay?