Madrid Atletico ready to bid farewell to Wanda
The Chinese sponsor has already sold its stake in Atletico and now will most likely disappear from Wanda Metropolitano's name, according to several prominent Spanish websites.
Russia 2018 Sama Arena's dome ready in 74%
Though the stadium should have been ready by the end of 2017, work is still underway. Most tasks are nearing the finish line, though quite a lot is yet to be done at the most decorative feature: its dome.
Allegri’s Juventus and how the home advantage makes all the difference
Playing at home is something most football clubs tend to prefer to playing away, and there’s plenty of factors which back up what influence it has on their results when hosting sides rather than having to battle them on foreign soil. Juventus are a solid example of that and readily capitalise at home, but how much of that is truly down to their own efforts?
Glasgow SFA to buy Hampden outright?
After having threaten to leave, now the Scottish FA is negotiating complete takeover of Hampden Park. If the deal doesn't happen, moving national team games to Edinburgh remains the most viable option.
Belarus BATE facing attendance stagnation
Every year they celebrate domestic championship, play in Europe – with some success – and welcome supporters to the best stadium in all of Belarus. But that's hardly enough, as troubling attendance figures show. BATE Borisov seem not to know what to do with it.
Italy Cagliari about to present three finalists for new stadium
Next weeks supporters of Cagliari Calcio will officially see three concepts of the proposed new stadium. The exhibition will then be transferred to Sardegna Arena.
England Luton impatient over stadium impasse
Luton Town chief executive described his club's planning application delays as unfathomable in a recent letter to fans posted in official match programme. He expressed hope for a planning permission by mid-March, but that doesn't seem to happen.
Criminally underused and forgotten stadia
Many of major tournament stadiums have completely shifted their focus but unfortunately are barely finding a way to break even, whilst a significant amount have closed their doors completely. We take a closer look at some of the worst offenders.
Liverpool Final days for Everton supporters' submissions
Registered fans of Everton FC have until this Friday to file their suggestions for the new Bramley-Moore Dock stadium. Focused around 11 key principles, their comments could potentially be incorporated in the final design.
- London: Spurs prepared for big lift
- Barcelona: What next for abandoned Olympic Stadium?
- Mexico City: Cruz Azul still not settled for stadium location
- Blizzard new purpose built stadium shows how far esports has come in a short time
- St. Petersburg: Zenit to take over at Stadion St. Petersburg
- England: How much are PL naming rights worth?
- Poland: Łódź provides more detail about third stadium
- London: Tottenham's breaks two records, fails with two more
- New construction: Final countdown in Los Angeles
- 2018 Olympics: Pentagonal controversy in Pyeongchang
- Russia 2018: Ministry demands billions for missed deadlines
- New design: Second stadium for Nowy Sącz
- Cincinnati: Patience tested as MLS expansion still on hold
- Belo Horizonte: Atletico Mineiro boost Arena MRV capacity
- London: Brentford hope to break ground in March
- London: Athletics in new format at London Stadium
- Russia 2018: FIFA not satisfied with Kaliningrad toilets
- Prague: The city doesn't want Slavia's old stadium
- Monterrey: Estadio BBVA Bancomer and the field issue
- Rotterdam: New Feyenoord stadium has to become a floodbank
- Liverpool: Meis visits as loan debate rages on