Rotterdam Feyenoord following rivals with safe standing
After PSV and Ajax Amsterdam, now Feyenoord Rotterdam expressed the will to install safe standing at their stadium. The subject might ease tense atmosphere between the club and fans.
Atlanta Fixed roof ready at Mercedes-Benz Stadium
Over 18,000 tons of steel already installed as Atlanta’s new NFL stadium reaches a major milestone. The roof is now structurally ready, awaiting installation of retractable petals and panoramic giant screen beneath.
Amsterdam Ajax finally installing safe standing
They kept their supporters waiting, but finally the long-desired standing section begins to grow. By winter fans throughout the lower south stand should be able to stand.
Las Vegas Public funds for Raiders stadium secured
Senate, assembly and the governor have all approved $750 million in public spending for Raiders new stadium in Las Vegas. This step effectively subsidises Nevada’s richest man.
New design Nacional change stadium vision
It’s less unified than the previous plan, but more rational. And Nacional are about to outgrow archrivals Penarol in terms of capacity by just 14 seats!
Premier League Stadium Tours
Explore the stadiums with virtual tours, or book an in-person guided tour to go behind the scenes of your favourite club’s home base.
Dublin Tallaght Stadium new stand gets the go ahead
South Dublin County Council have agreed to provide funding to build a new South Stand which will be ready in time for the start of the 2018 League of Ireland season. Report by InTallaght.ie.
Russia 2018 Ex-contractor demands billions from St. Petersburg
Transstroi is asking for 4.9 billion rubles ($80m) from the construction committee of Saint Petersburg, following unilateral termination of the company’s contract for Zenit Arena.
Austria LASK to build a 20,000 stadium by 2022
During the next 6 years Austrian team LASK are hoping to deliver a stadium that will put them among the strongest teams domestically. Experts are already working on the scheme.
- Oslo: Vålerenga asks fans about stadium choices
- Poland: Locomotive proudly presented at INEA Stadion
- Technology: To panic or not over 3G fields?
- Qatar 2022: Al Rayyan Stadium sees first concrete pouring
- England: City of Birmingham Stadium again on the agenda
- Germany: Ambitious 3. Liga club to build a 40,000 stadium
- Serbia: No national stadium in Belgrade
- New stadium: Wailing walls and porn in Budapest
- Italy: Will FC Bari leave their Copa 90 stadium?
- Orlando: Hurricane Matthew didn’t damage City stadium
- Munich: Council against Bayern’s away fans plan
- Edinburgh: Hearts given go-ahead for Tynecastle expansion
- Madrid: Real present downsized Bernabéu revamp
- Australia: Major architects fighting for Townsville Stadium
- South Africa: Any legacy plan for this World Cup stadium?
- Madrid: Atletico’s roof will come alive during events
- New stadium: Meet the Ferrari of football stadia
- England: Oxford supporters taking over Kassam Stadium?
- New stadiums: Filling the gap in Poland
- Melbourne: AFL buys Etihad Stadium
- Rio de Janeiro: Will Flamengo abandon Maracanã and build their own stadium?