MLS expansion Two more spots open for new teams
As some have speculated, the top division in USA will grow faster than set initially. Instead of 28 teams, the new goal is 30 and already now MLS is the largest league by club number.
NFL Jaguars consider covering TIAA Bank Field
Jacksonville Jaguars are preparing to discuss a large upgrade to their stadium. It might involve a permanent sunroof or... an drones carrying temporary canopy. Yep, that's actually what owner Shahid Khan said.
Kyiv Historic debate, but what about the turf?
Two stages, electrifying debate and a thrilling final of a nasty election campaign. And yet to the operator of Ukraine's national stadium the biggest fear might be... will the field be ready for Ukrainian football classic?
England Lincoln City urgently need more capacity
They've just sealed promotion to the third league. Ticket demand was already at 90% occupancy at the 10,000+ Sincil Bank Stadium. The Imps now consider how it could be expanded before next season.
MLS expansion Will Sacramento snap expansion from St. Louis?
Two finalists left, decision expected soon. Sacramento Republic have overwhelming support for their stadium plan, while St. Louis is yet to release final renderings of theirs and cannot show a solid financial structure for it. Will we see another MLS team in California?
Poland Sosnowiec announces stadium contractor
Against all odds the city of Sosnowiec will build its timber-clad stadium. Winning bidder was announced today. Despite exceeding planned budget, it's deemed satisfactory.
London Claret carpet to be unveiled on Saturday
London Stadium is expected to feel more and more like home. On Saturday it will first welcome fans with claret colour and WHU symbols around the field.
Stepanakert Republican Stadium set to host this year’s CONIFA European Cup
Next time you are speaking to one of those people who seems to have watched football in every stadium under the sun, try slipping Stepanakert Republican Stadium into the conversation. Chances are, you will be met by a blank stare, but all that is likely to change this summer.
Kentucky Butchertown Stadium to be managed by AEG [video]
Louisville City have announced that Anschutz Entertainment Group will manage the new stadium in Butchertown. The brand new stadium for as many as 14,000 people should be ready next year.
- England: Luton plans won't be called in
- StadiumDB Newsletter: Issue 74 - Tottenham and Real compete for attention
- London: Wimbledon announces ground works
- California: City of Sacramento agrees terms with Sac Republic
- England: Oxford United threatened with closing over stadium debt
- England: Derby County sold its stadium
- Fan's perspective: Supporters kept saying just one word, Wow!
- Madrid: Bernabéu revamp to begin after La Liga
- New design: Steaua's stadium after cuts
- London: Rugby enters Spurs stadium
- Cincinnati: Populous take over from Meis
- La Plata: Estudiantes push forward, sign crucial contracts
- Zagreb: New stadium in just 2 years?
- Valencia: Speculation arises around Mestalla relocation
- Germany: Expansion in Kiel moving towards finish line
- StadiumDB Newsletter: Issue 73 - Look back at Stadium of the Year (and more!)
- Rotterdam: Feyenoord plans suffer from a 1 year delay
- New design: In Bucharest, beside Arch of Triumph
- Can live betting change the US stadium experience?
- Bucharest: Goodbye, Giulești
- Aberdeen: No further appeal over Kingsford