Cincinnati Groundbreaking announced for West End Stadium
Though actual construction will only begin in March, enabling works and demolition have to be launched already in November. Official groundbreaking will take place after a month of site clearing, on December 19.
New design First auditorium embedded into seabed
Like a crater in the sea, this 50,000-seat stadium would offer an auditorium sunken below sea level. This minimises its outer scale, leaving only elegant canopy hovering above the harbor.
London Wembley deal off the table. For now
Shahid Khan decided to withdraw his proposal to purchase Wembley, following insufficient support for the transaction within the English football community.
Paris Major revamp at Stade de France?
Investment may cost far more than initial construction cost as the largest ever upgrades are considered for Stade de France. Larger and more modern, the venue would be time-proofed for 2-3 further decades just in time for the 2024 Olympics.
StadiumDB Newsletter Issue 62 - New stadiums, designs and more
New stadiums, designs, photos and much more. We're back on track with most content and there's much more where it came from. Here's what our small StadiumDB team was up to over the past 10 days.
Portland Will Timbers complete expansion in 6 months?
The impressive expansion project is officially on schedule, however the MLS team hopes to have a safety buffer and be able to play away their opening 2019 games. Their good performance on the field may change the schedule, while the field itself also needs to change.
New design Finally a breakthrough in Dublin?
Aviva Stadium is brilliant, Croke Park is huge, but on league level infrastructure is heavily underinvested in Dublin and beyond. This latest proposal should change things round at least for two clubs.
St. Louis Hope for MLS revived by new plan
One of USA's most football-crazy cities once again is on the map for potential place in MLS. New scheme would see St. Louis FC join the league in 2022, of course should everything go as planned.
New design If only this was Szczecin's official concept...
Upon first seeing it we thought: impressive but surely much more expensive than the official stadium scheme for Szczecin. But when the official tender brought bids exceeding expectations by 93% (!!!), we take it back. This vision would have been better and not certainly more expensive.
- Comparing the big four global tennis stadiums
- Tokyo: Opening event confirmed for Olympic Stadium
- Berlin: Union hopes for July green light
- London: Last chance to open by year end?
- New design: FC Cincinnati's second bid
- Australia: Western Sydney Stadium suffers from flood
- New design: The gem of Nazareth
- Charlotte: Panthers' stadium sits on first lynching site
- New design: Second life for Hutnik's stadium
- New stadium: Filadelfia reborn joins StadiumDB
- Betting services in UK stadiums
- England: Bournemouth not building stadium, not yet
- New stadium: Stadio Silvio Piola in Novara
- New stadium: The traveling home of Cagliari
- StadiumDB Newsletter: Issue 61 - From Germany 2024 to... Germany
- “Wooden Seats”: A “novelty” at EFC’s Bramley Moore Dock?
- Pirates seeking a share in sports betting revenue for PNC Park's upkeep
- London: Turf rolled out at Tottenham
- Germany: Böllenfalltor revamp more expensive
- London: Taxpayers' costly ordeal with London Stadium
- London: Further step towards Wembley sale