Berlin 2023 Special Olympic project under threat
There might not be enough time to deliver the 20,000-capacity main stadium for 2023 Special Olympics in Berlin. Alternative plan is now being drawn, which sounds like good news to opponents of 'the world's most inclusive stadium'.
Brussels No new national stadium... for now
Rather ironically, in the year of Euro 2020 Brussels will again be in impasse, with no valid, aproved plan for a national stadium. But, KBVB and Golazo keep up their hopes for new Golden Generation Arena later on.
Bulgaria 11 years of construction and this...
One incomplete grandstand and a portion of foundation for the second one. That's how far Varna's new stadium got as we reach its 12th year under construction. If you've ever seen a controversial project, this is it.
StadiumDB Newsletter Issue 84 - San Sebastian, Barcelona and more
After a month-long hiatus for overseas projects, we're back to covering football stadiums. But we hadn't all gone away and there's a hefty portion of reading waiting for you in our regular digest, covering current stadium events worldwide.
India Record-breaker to be ready in January
It hasn't even been built yet and already is the pride of India. You won't find an article in Indian media that doesn't celebrate Motera Stadium's dominance over Melbourne Cricket Ground, currently the largest cricket stadium.
Los Angeles Naming rights announced, please welcome SoFi Stadium
It's still 10 months before opening, but naming rights partner is already announced. SoFi is said to have agreed the most expensive contract of all NFL stadia. No wonder, the stadium has unprecedented price tag, too.
Russia Kaliningrad stadium surrounded by cavities
Asphalt rolling into waves, pavement holes a meter deep, sewers and drainage not working and all of that blamed on... beavers? No, that's just a local joke in Kaliningrad, where stadium construction remains a controversial issue.
San Sebastian New Anoeta officially opened
Though construction works will go on in upcoming months, Real Sociedad can already celebrate the reopening of their home ground. And they have an impressive victory over Atletico Madrid to show for it.
London Stadium's naming rights search goes on
The owner of London Stadium —E20— is still looking for a naming partner for the arena, a search that’s been going on for years.
- Berlin: Could Hertha move to the airport?
- England: Brighton abandoning cash payments at Amex Stadium
- Belo Horizonte: Unanimous council approval for Atletico's stadium
- Iran: Stadium activist dies of self-incineration
- Poland: Płock cancels stadium tender
- Germany: Energie Cottbus priced out of their ground?
- Istanbul: Galatasaray planning capacity increase
- Everton ready with a plan to build a new futuristic £500 million stadium
- Austria: Forest replaced field, football left outside
- Poland: Lublin's dome vision revealed
- Brussels: Students to design new national stadium
- Milan: San Siro capacity cut for safety reasons
- Florence: What’s new with Fiorentina’s stadium plans?
- Barcelona: Inauguration of a new FC Barcelona stadium
- Belgrade: A tank outside Red Star stadium
- Iran: Step forward in the fight for women’s return to stadiums
- Germany: Further problems with roof on MSV Duisburg stadium
- Liverpool: What’s new with Anfield Road?
- Georgia: Construction of Batumi Stadium entering its final phase
- Miami: The soil at the Beckham stadium site dangerously polluted
- Germany: Stadium am Zoo project ready to be approved