Independent design Splendid stadium for Stettin that won’t be…
Dynamic, modern and with future expansion envisaged from the start. But this impressive concept from Stettin isn’t official, which may frustrate Pogoń Szczecin supporters even more than their current situation…
Russia (Too) expensive stadiums soon under construction
Recent months brought many news about these stadiums. As Russia’s mega event project launches, only one stadium may be kept in the previously estimated budget. Two stadia will soon see groundbreaking.
Montpellier Flooding covered Stade de la Mosson
The beautiful city in southern France received nearly half of its annual rainfall within a few hours (!). One of the buildings hit most is the Ligue 1 stadium, lying beside a small river.
Pyrotechnics Sweden for and against legalisation
If you look at the media discourse, pyrotechnics inside stadiums are a major threat. But if you look at how fans and authorities discuss the issue, legalization may be closer than ever, according to Sydsvenskan.
London Wembley has a new spark
Partnership with mobile giant EE brought the first major change to Wembley since its naming rights deal. The stadium’s massive arch was equipped with hundreds of LED lamps to create a stronger image.
Rotterdam Who will cover extra cost of Feyenoord’s project?
Politicians in Rotterdam have told Feyenoord that it may have to come up with the millions needed for the extra land that construction company BAM needs to rebuild De Kuip stadium according to their measurements, De Telegraaf reports.
Australia Pirtek Stadium up for revamp
The Parramatta-based Pirtek Stadium will receive 4,000 more seats in a thorough redevelopment aimed at bringing it to latest standards.
London Chelsea to share Twickenham once revamp starts?
Premier League’s largest stadium again in London? That’s possible if Chelsea leave Stamford Bridge for Twickenham. The stadium’s operator confirmed interest from The Blues.
Turkey Empty stadiums, fans in court
Beşiktaş drew only about 2,000 people to the country’s largest stadium. Galatasaray witnessed a 9,000 turnout. Numbers sound worse in smaller clubs. Meanwhile fans challenge the new fan ID cards in court.
- Orlando: Groundbreaking announced for City stadium
- New stadium and design: Change of plans in Dijon
- Bulgaria: Construction resumes in Plovdiv, but trouble not gone
- London: Wenger warns Spurs – new stadium is a challenge
- Vienna: Rapid may build, fans invited to tear stadium apart
- Germany: “Zero provocation instead of zero tolerance” - it works!
- Russia: Fisht Stadium soon under construction again
- Toronto: Revamp starts, new images promise European look
- Oslo: Vålerenga celebrates, they can build now!
- Sacramento: Republic present their stadium scheme
- San Jose: First seats installed, new layout presented
- New stadium: McLane Stadium
- Liverpool: Planning permission granted for Anfield expansion
- Milan: Rossoneri changing their future home site?
- Madrid: €500 million for “Abu Dhabi Bernabeu”?
- Switzerland: Problems mounting for FC Aarau
- Liverpool: Groundshare for LFC and Everton? One more vision
- New designs: Three bids for Belgian National Stadium
- New design: Diósgyőri Stadion
- Euro 2020: UEFA’s safe choice of hosts
- New stadiums: Büyükşehir Stadyumu and Başakşehir Stadyumu