New stadium To think that it’s only a 2nd league stadium…
Chinese stadiums deserve far more attention than we offered them, even if their football will take long time grow into these stadiums. Here’s a truly impressive example.
New stadium The old-timer called Solitude
Yes, there is a stadium with that name in Belfast. More interestingly, it remembers the establishment of Irish league and was the site of the very first penalty kick. Spoiler alert: it was a miss.
New stadium The sporting heart of Manhattan
Sure, you think of Central Park when considering leisure in Manhattan. But there’s not one more popular amateur sports ground than Pier 40, just a mile away from World Trade Center.
London Wimbledon moving forward after Khan’s decision
New mayor of London sees absolutely no reason to hold the Plough Lane stadium scheme any longer. Sadiq Khan allowed AFC Wimbledon to again pursue their dream.
New stadium The Apartheid oddity of South Africa
Nothing about this stadium’s origin is conventional, nor is its shape. Mmabatho Stadium deservedly gets included in every ranking of the world’s most bizarre stadia!
Poland Śląski more expensive, but on time
Poland’s longest ongoing stadium project will cost no less than PLN 650 million, almost doubling the original planned budget. At least the deadline of July 2017 seems to be safe.
New stadium Crooked running track, but check out that view!
This American stadium is unique for its picturesque position, view and odd shape. Its running track is a mess and adding to all that it gets flooded after heavy rains!
New construction The egg in Craiova growing
The biggest ongoing stadium build in Romania is from now on available at StadiumDB. Also check the updated renderings to see what’s being delivered west of Bucharest.
New stadium One ground, two hemispheres
It’s the only stadium of its kind, at which each team plays on a different hemisphere. Divided in two halves by the Equator, please welcome Zerão!
- Kaliningrad: 20-meter “Aquaman” sculpture decorating World Cup stadium?
- Qatar 2022: Work on Al Wakrah Stadium’s steel structure to begin soon
- New stadium: The ruins of Warsaw athletics
- Miami: $250 million for Hard Rock Stadium naming rights
- Oklahoma: Sooners’ giant screen revealed
- New stadium: Home of the Uruguayan Flintstones
- Moscow: CSKA announce opening and launch season tickets
- Liverpool: Anfield preview in just a week
- New stadium: The paradise island of Norway
- St. Petersburg: Zenit unsure, contractor without contract, taxpayers pay
- New stadium: Football officially began here
- New section: Meet the world’s 20 biggest stadiums!
- Poland: Płock joins the pursuit of new stadium
- New design and construction: Estudiantes complete their dream
- Australia: Perth Stadium half way there
- Rome: AEG to manage Roma’s new stadium
- Reading: Could Madejski lose stadium name?
- StadiumDB.com: It started 15 years ago…
- Brazil: Only 16 stadiums ranked above average
- Naples: First phase of Stadio San Paolo revamp approved
- St. Petersburg: Contractors change, but mess prevails