Switzerland Return to historical Wankdorf name in Bern
Much to the joy of football fans, the home of Young Boys will soon return to its traditional name. Not due to lack of naming rights holders, rather because the company in question respects the local tradition.
New design Finally, progress in Jena
After nearly a decade in the making, reconstruction of Ernst-Abbe-Sportfeld finally seems to be just months away. With private partner selected by the city of Jena, works could begin in 2020.
Glasgow Queens Park FC show their new home
With Hampden being taken over by the Scottish FA, Queens Park FC are preparing to relocate to Lesser Hampden. Holmes Miller was picked to redevelop the secondary stadium.
SDC5 Here are the winning designs
Igor Laerte - remember that name. Designer from Brazil is the very first in the history of the Stadia Designers Cup to win two editions in a row! What's more, he did it in a spectacular style outclassing rivals in every field. Despite this, the competition leaves South America and returns to Europe in 2020!
England Nottingham Forest file planning application
As promised to supporters, the Reds have filed paperwork before year end. Submission in early December increases chances for decision to come in time for optimal groundbreaking.
New stadium First of Sydney's new stadia
While eyes turn on the future of Allianz Stadium and ANZ Stadium, Sydney already has its first fresh sports venue. Bankwest Stadium opened this year in Parramatta and it joins StadiumDB now.
New design Professional soccer coming to Rhode Island
With no team at central level of US soccer/football, Rhode Island is one of the states left behind in recent craze to establish new clubs. This should change in 2022, when the new USL Championship team Riptide should kick off at a new scenic stadium.
New construction Wimbledon added at a tough moment
Starting today you can see construction photos from the Plough Lane project in Merton, London. Unfortunately, the moment is dire for AFC Wimbledon as the club is facing a huge funding shortage to deliver the stadium.
Poland Contract for new Płock stadium signed
On Friday the city of Płock officially signed the design+build contract for new 15,000+ stadium for Ekstraklasa contenders Wisła Płock. The phased development is expected to conclude in late 2022.
- Croatia: Osijek stadium rising from the ground
- Liverpool: The Reds reveal new Anfield Road Stand
- Italy: New Cagliari stadium coming in 2024
- Turkey: Bursa's crocodile head finally being finished
- Liverpool: Consultation begins on Anfield expansion
- England: What's Coventry City up to this time?
- Kaiserslautern: Investor to take over at 1. FCK and stadium?
- England: Forest Green Rovers with revived stadium hope
- Tokyo: Olympic Stadium ready, opening soon
- Allegiant Stadium signs second casino partnership
- Miami: Hard Rock Stadium drops single-use plastic
- Tennessee: Nashville MLS stadium hit with delay
- Amsterdam: ArenA to grow again before Euro 2020
- Bristol: Ashton Gate also going cashless
- SDC5: You select the best concept for Red Bull Bragantino
- Premier League's home advantage by club
- New stadiums and updates: Here's to Finland!
- Belgium: Standard reveals high stadium budget
- Budapest: Celebration without victory
- Turkey: The curious case of Adana stadium
- Liverpool: Everton reveals huge support for new stadium