England York City stadium finally approved
Two of York’s sports clubs are to get a new home after long-awaited plans for a new stadium were given the go-ahead by councillors at a crunch meeting yesterday. A Yorkshire Post report.
Kenya Nyayo Stadium turning blue
After years in red colours of Coca-Cola, repainting of Kenya’s Nyayo Stadium began. This time it’s a partnership deal with Britam, who will also pay for facility upgrades.
Qatar Over 90% of Al-Rayyan Stadium to be reused
We still don’t know the future concept, but it’s confirmed the old Al Rayyan stadium was successfully (and safely) demolished. Over 90% of the building is to be recycled.
Los Angeles Carson stadium bid a step closer
Supporters of the joint stadium of Chargers and Raiders gathered over 15,000 signatures, nearly twice the needed number. Yesterday they delivered them to the city hall.
Minneapolis Stadium plan by July for MLS chance
The Minnesota United FC were given a chance to acquire MLS spot. But the team have to propose a feasible stadium scheme by July in order to become the latest expansion.
Jerusalem Teddy Stadium goes solar
The Jerusalem-based Teddy Kollek Stadium is the first in Israel to use photovoltaic panels. The city hopes to save up to ILS 400,000 annually by this project.
New construction Check how Anfield is growing
From now on you’ll be able to see not only renderings, but also progress of the build. As the steel structure begins to grow, progress will be visible very fast and Anfield will be 8,300 larger next year.
New design Latvia’s national stadium in a new location
Neither the Skonto Stadions, nor Daugavas Stadions will host the national team in the future. A third, less known stadium was selected for complete reconstruction.
Frankfurt Commerzbank stays until 2020
For many fans it’s still the Waldstadion, but for the next 5 years it will continue advertising Commerzbank in its name. Agreement was announced today and will run out on June 30, 2020.
- Los Angeles: World’s most expensive stadium for two teams?
- New Stadium: Avaya Stadium officially opened
- Perth: Aecom and Lang O’Rourke to build transport hub
- Minneapolis: World’s biggest pivotal doors coming soon
- 2024 Olympics: Hamburg’s bid to represent Germany
- Cape Town: 100,000+ ticket demand for Green Point Stadium?
- Europe: UEFA anti-racist policy “unsustainable, wrong and unfair”
- New design: A stadium with 150 apartments inside
- Sweden: Malmö supporters to remove all seats from their terrace
- Brussels: Meet Belgium’s new national stadium!
- New design: Stade Olympique d’Oran
- Netherlands: Stadium in Breda safe… for now
- Hillsborough: Duckenfield apologises for lies and mistakes
- Moscow: Spartak stadium accessible by boat?
- Poland: Gdansk aims at creating major leisure hub
- New stadium: Orlando Citrus Bowl Stadium
- Warsaw: Persistent standing at its best…
- Argentina: Fatal fall in Buenos Aires derby
- USA: Over 100,000 at MLS home debuts!
- Toronto: Last tread of the eastern grandstand in place
- Rome: Final design by the end of May