Decision needed on Jacksonville future in NFL
Despite upgrades in recent years, TIAA Bank Field in Jacksonville remains one of just two NFL stadia not to have a significant revamp in the past 2 decades. Before lease extension, Jacksonville Jaguars want to examine their options.
As some celebrate fans returning, others transform stadiums
December will see football fans return to English stadiums for the first time since March. But not everywhere are people as lucky. In Hawaii the largest stadium is being transformed into a drive-thru winter wonderland!
San Diego SDCCU Stadium goes on sale as demolition is to start
Seats are rather pricey but how about a section sign or lawnmowing equipment? Everything must go as the giant stadium is about to be demolished and gone for good.
Spanish giants Real Madrid and their $650m reconstruction
Real Madrid have played at the famous Santiago Bernabeu for 73 years. Now, renovations are underway to make this stadium one of the best in the world. The redevelopment is said to be completed before the 2022/2023 season, allowing the Spanish Giants to return home from Alfredo Di Stefano Stadium. Here are some of the innovative upgrades Real Madrid are adding to their stadium.
Liverpool The Reds back to Anfield Road Stand revamp
Liverpool FC set readiness to resume the procedure for the Anfield Road Stand development. After being forced to delay work amid the coronavirus crisis, £60 million upgrade will deliver around 7,000 extra seats, up to 61,000.
Construction work underway on the new Sydney stadium
It was the beginning of August that work started in earnest on the new-look Sydney Football Stadium project, and according to the government of New South Wales, the stadium would be completed in time to host the 2022 Grand Final of the National Rugby League.
New Zealand Christchurch Stadium extends deadline for proposals
Focusing on hosting as many large events as possible at the new stadium in the future, City Council extended the deadline for construction proposals. The new $473 million multi-use arena in Christchurch is scheduled to open by the end of 2024, with the first works in the beginning of 2021.
Rome AS Roma’s problems with location of new stadium
The chances of building a new AS Roma stadium in Tor di Valle are decreasing. It turned out that the legal status of the land in that location is not fully clarified. Club owner Dan Friedkin looks more and more favourably towards Stadio Flaminio, the venue where the Romans played in the 1989/90 season.
The Netherlands Change of plans for Helmond
It was touch and go for a while but now the new stadium plan for Helmond Sport is back on track. That said, major design alterations had to be made in order for the plans to become viable once more.
- England: Leicester City plans leaked, look at that!
- Berlin: Hertha fans' wish list for new stadium
- Russia: Krasnodar builds new stadium in the training centre
- Naples: So it's settled, Stadio Diego Armando Maradona?
- Bergamo: Works on the new south tribune have started
- Qatar 2022: Al Thumama Stadium almost ready
- Poland: New Opole stadium uncertain again
- Valencia: First phase of Levante stadium revamp about to finish
- Fans returning to NFL stadia despite COVID-19 cases soaring
- Catching up on the best and most entertaining games?
- Qatar: Two years for the FIFA World Cup 2022 kick off!
- Ohio: Columbus Crew SC shows new renderings and 3D seat views
- Campbelltown Stadium – new to the A-League
- Potential Messi transfer could help NYCFC stadium effort
- Poland: Stadion Śląski with another major athletics event
- Florence: Fiorentina asks how much can be demolished
- Texas: Austin FC stadium taking shape with pitch installation, seats finishing and raised roof
- England: Coventry City to present stadium concept in early 2021?
- Liverpool: Three standing terraces at Bramley-Moore Dock Stadium?
- New design: The Vasco da Gama caravel for 2024
- Egypt: Historic final to be relocated in fear of rain?