Russia 20 billion for Rostov, 16.5 for Saransk
Russian currency is plummeting, but so far stadium prices haven’t inflated further than before the crisis. Most recent information gives RUB 20.2 billion for Rostov and 16.5 billion for Saransk.
Las Vegas Council approves soccer stadium subsidy
A split Las Vegas City Council approved public funding on Wednesday for a $200 million downtown football stadium, marking a major turning point in the year-long debate.
Qatar $6 for pretending to be a sports fan
Two thirds of Qataris are against it, but paying migrant workers to be a “fake crowd” is widespread in Qatar’s professional sport events. And many immigrants are happy to add something extra to their paycheck.
Rome AS Roma fans to get the Christmas gift they need
Promising news came from the city hall yesterday. Councilman Fabrizio Panecaldo assured the new stadium for AS Roma should receive green light by the end of Christmas festivities.
Florence Breakthrough with Fiorentina stadium in a few months?
Will we see detailed renderings in 2015? Fiorentina president assures it’s a matter of months before the project moves forward and the club will not rest until that happens.
Moscow „Luzhniki among the world’s cheapest”
Now that’s a bold statement for a stadium expected to cost $700 million. But deputy mayor of Moscow assures there’s hardly any cheaper stadium of this kind.
World Cup 2018 Bombs and shells fund at Volgograd construction site
Before Rotor Arena is built, remains of the old stadium need to be removed. And it’s no surprise the site was problematic due to WWII remains. 10 missiles were found during demolition.
Jeddah Fifth day under arrest for female fan
Police have finished their investigation, but it’s unclear what charges will be raised against a young woman, who violated the ban on attending football games. She’s been in custody since Friday.
London Elton John honoured at Watford
He began coming to this stadium as a child. Then as a star he bought Watford and helped the club advance to where it is now. No wonder Elton John was honoured with the newest stand being named after him.
- Moscow: VTB Arena to pay for itself in 9 years? Yes and no
- London: Charlton Athletic fans ask uncomfortable questions about Olympic Stadium
- New stadiums: More than one stadium for Man City, one for Barnet
- Prague: Sparta stadium to lose some seats
- Milan: More details about Rossoneri future stadium
- Poland: Chorzów stadium back on agenda
- Innovation: Finger-vein scanner for quicker stadium entry?
- New stadium: nib Stadium or over century of the Perth Oval
- London: Watching Liverpool live for £4? Here’s it’s possible
- Rotterdam: De Kuip reconstruction under threat?
- New construction: BMO Stadium
- Perth: Construction of the 60,000-seater underway
- New construction: Regenboogstadion in Waregem
- Liverpool: Preparations launched at Anfield
- Helsinki: Olympiastadion slightly cheaper, but a year later
- Bratislava: Groundbreaking at Tehelne Pole on Monday
- New design: Nándor Hidegkuti Stadion
- Regensburg: Continental Arena topped, but attendance fears arise
- England: Three steps closer to the new Grimsby Town stadium
- New stadiums: Latest Romanian five at StadiumDB
- Liverpool: The Reds confirm Anfield expansion