Kaliningrad Construction still yet to begin
As shocking as it may sound, Kaliningrad is as late as a host city can be in beginning stadium construction ahead of the 2018 World Cup.
Lyon Opening of “Stadium of Lights” closer
Already in January the only privately funded Euro 2016 will open its doors. The new Lyon arena is almost complete.
Germany Purple farewell in Aue
Supporters and players parted their ways with old Erzgebirgsstadion in Aue. After 87 years since opening the venue will undergo its second major reconstruction in the next two years.
New construction Yekaterinburg stadium gutted
This may just be the most difficult Project of the 2018 World Cup. After 9 months of dismantling the interior, historic outer walls of the Yekaterinburg stadium await new structures growing inside.
Tokyo 2020 New Olympic Stadium for only $1.3 billion?
The Japanese government has set a cap on the new national stadium at ¥155 billion. Roughly a fourth of this amount will be contributed by Tokyo city hall if agreement is reached.
Adding new stadiums Show us the way!
Which countries we should cover better, which are less important for you? Now you can tell us. Well, at least to some extent…
Munich Is this the final refuge for TSV 1860?
Jordanian investor of TSV 1860 met with the mayor of Munich to discuss possible options for the club’s relocation. Or a single option, rather, because there’s only one stadium site available.
New design Here’s the future of Arad
It’s already the third new stadium in Romania to see groundbreaking this year. While works continue in Craiova and Targu Jiu, also Arad will have a brand new stadium.
Slovakia Construction begins in Kosice
Contractor took over on the site of future stadium in Kosice. Archeological and enabling works will last until spring and the 9,080-capacity arena will be ready in mid-2017.
- Brazil: A completely different derby experience
- Switzerland: Third time lucky for Zurich?
- Bucharest: Three stadium projects confirmed
- Bremen: Stadium to finance anti-flood embankments
- Serbia: Site examinations for new national stadium
- Minneapolis: Minnesota United team up with Populous
- New stadiums: Under the dome
- Wien: Rapid allows fans to invest in new stadium
- Liverpool: Everton still deadlocked with new stadium
- Mexico: Like a piece of pottery
- Poland: Delayed giant possibly set back again
- Minneapolis: Vikings to build a ship outside US Bank Stadium
- Warsaw: Stunning show by Legia fans
- USA: Children’s hospital secures naming rights in Kansas
- Italy: New design for Palermo this year?
- New construction: Tottenham goes forward with stadium
- New design: Monumental, but barely an expansion
- Bucharest: Rapid’s new stadium? We’ve seen it somewhere
- Mexico: The Big Blue in Puebla
- Istanbul: Roof rests proudly above Vodafone Arena
- Tokyo: Olympic Stadium works to start as late as 2017