COVID-19 crisis Stadiums shelter the homeless
While in many countries living on the street leaves people with nowhere to self-isolate, some cases from Latin America – particularly in Brazil – could prove inspiring for strategies in other countries.
London Chelsea loses planning application
Today the green light for construction of a new Stamford Bridge is turning bright red once more. Chelsea failed to begin work within the legal limit of 3 years and will have to reapply.
Texas Austin FC construction halted due to COVID-19
Though there's no nationwide curfew in the US, the city of Austin ordered its residents to remain at home whenever possible, while all non-essential businesses were shut down. Construction sites included.
London Wenger to have a statue outside Emirates Stadium?
So far only five Arsenal legends have been honoured in this particular way. Arsène Wenger is expected to join them later this year, though Arsenal are yet to confirm the move.
Germany Pendemic or not, Jena is going forward with stadium
Just days before final deadline, authorities of Jena have signed the contract that will see new municipal stadium delivered by late 2023. Works could begin as soon as September of this year.
Santiago de Chile Hospital instead of expansion works?
Chilean football giants Colo-Colo were planning call for bids on their stadium expansion plan in April. Instead, the club has now offered the ground to authorities, while postponing the projected works.
Cape Town 162 new suites to be added to Cape Town Stadium
A decade after opening the beautiful stadium in Cape Town is still deep in the red. To increase its potential the number of suites is to grow by over 200% in what will be the most expensive upgrade of the facility.
Turkey Fiery seats in Adana
Though Turkey is among countries brought to a standstill, installation of seats is going forward. Their layout will be unique, seeing red flames created on white background.
Ohio Columbus Crew construction goes uninterrupted
Despite citizens being asked to stay home unless their work is essential, construction work on the site of Columbus Crew's new stadium isn't experiencing setbacks.
- Italy: Coronavirus and the reconstruction in Bergamo
- Germany: Paderborn want to put expansion on hold
- COVID-19 crisis: South America turns stadiums to hospitals
- Tokyo 2020: Olympics postponed until 2021
- Stadium of the Year: Jury Award – Japan National Stadium
- Stadium of the Year: Jury Vote 2nd – Bankwest Stadium
- Stadium of the Year: Jury Vote 2nd – Puskás Aréna
- Stadium of the Year: Public Award – Puskás Aréna
- Stadium of the Year: Popular Vote 2nd – Tottenham Hotspur Stadium
- Stadium of the Year: Popular Vote 3rd – Al Janoub Stadium
- Redskins might decide stadium location based on sports betting
- First US stadia to receive sports betting lounges ahead of 2020 season
- Mexico City: Cruz Azul not looking for new stadium?
- New design: This is Minsk's national football stadium
- Liverpool: Everton expected to build as planned
- COVID-19 crisis: Porto and Chelsea step up
- Poland: Płock stadium on schedule despite COVID-19
- France: If Ligue 1 resumes as planned, where will Lyon play?
- Tennessee: Demolition begins for Nashville stadium
- COVID-19 crisis: Stadiums turning into testing sites
- Stadium of the Year: Announcement on March 23