London Mayor impatient over delayed report into London Stadium excess cost
Sadiq Khan has voiced his upset after the findings of an inquiry into the London Stadium’s finances were delayed by four months.
Las Vegas Raiders to break ground on November 13
Though unofficial, this information seems very credible as a labour union reveals official groundbreaking date of the world's second most expensive stadium in history.
StadiumDB Newsletter Issue 31 – From Ecuador to Hungary
You won't guess which piece of news was the most popular among you, the readers, last week. But surprises aside, there was quite a lot happening in Germany, England and... Ireland, sadly. Here are the news as we covered them, to get them weekly to your inbox, just subscribe here!
Rome Roma delivers missing documents to push stadium forward
The football club met all deadlines indicated by officials, providing them with all additional documentation required by the Conference of Services. Will this be enough for the project to move forward?
The Top 3 Premier League Stadiums
Many people see the English Premier League as the stand-out league in world football. The fact that England was indeed the birthplace of the game makes it one of the most, if not the most popular league around.
Netherlands Breda selling stadium but not to local club
The city of Breda decided to open the bidding for Rat Verlegh Stadion. The big issue is that NAC Breda cannot afford the transaction, which may lead to very unwelcome scenario.
England Hotel at Mansfield stadium still possible?
While we only found out about the plan now, it's already quite uncertain. But the hotel at Mansfield Town stadium might still happen, if local councillor is to be believed.
Atlanta Mercedes-Benz Stadium deal allows to avoid taxes?
It may be one of the most stunning stadiums ever built, but the contract allows Falcons owner and billionaire not to pay some $26 million in taxes, according to local lawyer. Fox 5 covers the story.
Italy Genoa mayor invites clubs to buy stadium
If Atalanta could, why can't Sampdoria and Genoa? Mayor invites both clubs to create a joint-venture and take over at Marassi, taking the burden off from taxpayers' shoulders.
Top 3 rugby stadiums in Australia
Even though there have been concerns over recent times over rugby on the whole in Australia, it still remains a moderately popular sport.
- StadiumDB comment: He's breaking up the Crew
- England: They made it, crowdfunding for safe standing section complete!
- Brussels: National stadium could be downsized to 40,000
- The top three most beautiful football stadiums in the world
- Ireland: Hurricane tears roof at Turners Cross
- Hungary: Haladás Sports complex to open in November
- Miami: Score for Beckham, but time still running out
- Nuremberg: What future awaits Max-Morlock-Stadion?
- Senegal: China to renovate four major stadia
- Berlin: Two studies into options for Hertha
- Ecuador: Barcelona to have a shopping center built beside stadium
- England: Work on York Community Stadium to commence soon
- England: Southport FC to expand stadium before building new one
- StadiumDB Newsletter: Issue 30 – From Valencia to Wolfsburg and beyond
- Valencia: New Mestalla could reach 65,000 seats!
- Cincinnati: No new stadium, sharing with NFL instead?
- Tokyo: Olympic Stadium worker committed suicide due to overwork
- Naples: Napoli to build a small private stadium?
- Oslo: Vålerenga stadium gets 10-year naming rights deal
- Texas: $1-billion superstadium with... sun blinding players
- Nigeria: Authorities play down poor crowd management