Switzerland Lipo Park opening in February 2017
The latest stadium in Switzerland will be ready for the very first game of FC Schaffhausen in 2017. But a new safety issue is raised as the project is nearing completion.
Minsk Stadion Dinama will be ready in a year
As we’re over 2.5 years since groundbreaking, national stadium of Belarus will remain under construction for 12 more months.
France No second national stadium after all?
Bernard Laporte was voted the next president of French rugby federation. He stood against building the 82,000-seat national stadium in Ris-Orangis and is expected to cancel the project.
Turkey Bursa’s crocodile head finally growing
After turbulences and delays construction of Timsah Arena’s crocodile head is finally going forward. Work will end in 2017.
New design Second best stadium of Upper Silesia?
Not for football in this case, it’s time for athletics in Poland’s most populated region. Katowice University of Physical Education might get Upper Silesia’s second best track and field stadium.
England York City stadium contractor leaves
General contractor for the 8,000+ stadium decided to drop out of the project after it got stalled yet again in proceedings.
Munich Dynamo Dresden took Allianz Arena
They had over 450 kilometers to travel and yet Dynamo Dresden managed to bring roughly 20,000 fans with them, becoming the de facto hosts at Allianz Arena!
Poland Stadion Śląski to have LED cladding
The 54,000-capacity stadium in Upper Silesia is expected to be enveloped with LED lighting. This way it may generate additional revenue and… avoid higher taxation.
Texas Toyota Stadium expansion to be done in a year
One of MLS’s oldest stadiums is finally back on track to get upgrades in 2017. After necessary redesign work construction may begin. The project is worth $39 million.
- Amsterdam: ArenA to store power in car batteries
- England: Lincoln City announce relocation plans
- France: Montpellier to get new stadium in 2022
- Russia: Rubin’s record low at Kazan Arena
- Sevilla: Bombonera de Nervión changing every day
- Colombia and Brazil: They filled stadiums for Chapecoense
- Orlando: Rainbow seats as tribute for Pulse victims
- Arizona: Makeshift 5,000 stadium to be ready by March
- Rotterdam: Club and city agree on Feyenoord City
- Qatar 2022: Lusail Stadium contractor selected
- Germany: Fans in Magdeburg banned from bouncing
- Scotland: Aberdeen keen on safe standing for Kingsford Stadium
- New stadium: #ForçaChape
- Turkmenistan: Horse-headed stadium almost ready
- Qatar 2022: Khalifa Stadium slightly delayed
- Tokyo: Olympic Stadium groundbreaking on Dec 11
- Florence: Fiorentina to start construction in 2019
- Luxembourg: National stadium in more detail
- Austria: Too expensive and too empty. Harsh report for Klagenfurt
- New design: Edinburgh’s shrinking sporting heart
- Norway: Student housing at Brann stadium in 2019