Stadium of the Year 2016 Reason 6, Community4You Arena
Its commercial name may be hard to spell, but the traditional one isn’t much easier if you’re not German. Still, The new stadium in Chemnitz seems to be a successful combination of old and new.
Poland Lech Poznan to ‘pimp’ INEA Stadion
New club museum, upgraded gold hospitality area and crowdfunding for impressive murals. All this is planned in Poznan, where Lech is running major upgrades 5 years after Euro 2012.
Florida Rowdies a step closer to MLS
St. Petersburg City Council approved ordinance language for the proposed Al Lang Stadium expansion, project launched as part of Rowdies’ MLS expansion campaign.
Stadium of the Year 2016 Reason 5, Cape Coast Stadium
Another well-delivered example of China’s stadium diplomacy brings Ghana to the spotlight. Let’s meet their latest stadium, one of our reasons to vote for Stadium of the Year.
Russia 2018 Rostov Arena to be done ahead of schedule?
We’ve been impressed by this stadium’s pace for months, now it turns out delivery is planned even a month before the official handover day.
Wales Swansea City finally to take over at Liberty Stadium?
New owners have the same plans as have been on the table for years. Taking control of Liberty Stadium, expanding it and possibly selling its name. A Wales Online report.
Stadium of the Year 2016 Reason 4, Ashton Gate
Quintessentially British, this robust makeover extended Bristol City stadium’s lifespan for decades and is well worth being on our list!
Qatar 2022 Contractor selected for unknown stadium project
Yes, it sounds weird. And it is. Joint venture of Tekfen and Al Jaber Engineering is selected to build a stadium that we’re yet to see in renderings. At least the price is now known…
Stadium of the Year 2016 Reason 3, Arena CSKA
We’ve searched a long time but only found one stadium taller than this one. With 142-meter skyscraper it’s one of a kind, truly!
- Stadium of the Year 2016: Reason 2, Allianz Stadion
- Brussels: Anderlecht abandons Eurostadium plan
- Stadium of the Year 2016: Reason 1, AFAS Stadion
- London: London Stadium finally more like a home to West Ham?
- Madrid: Special plan approved for Bernabéu
- Stuttgart: Preparations begin for Mercedes-Benz Arena roof replacement
- Stadium of the Year 2016: Halfway there, what’s next?
- Liverpool: Anfield expansion? Not so fast
- Washington, DC: Audi lands DC United naming rights
- London: No more White Hart Lane stadium?
- Qatar 2022: First modular seating section underway
- Jakarta: Finally a breakthrough for Stadion BMW
- Italy: What’s Bologna FC up to?
- Romania: 12,000-seater to be built in Hunedoara
- Germany: New stadium for VfB Oldenburg?
- Sydney: Demolition work begins on Parramatta Stadium
- Finland: Skanska to rebuild Olympiastadion
- England: Grimsby stadium going forward after viability assessment
- Oslo: Vålerenga show their new supporter plaza
- Lisbon: Sporting to rebrand their stadium after election?
- Angola: Tragedy at season inauguration, 17 dead