Las Vegas Raiders roof issues shouldn't cause delays
It's been an intense week in Las Vegas. Independent audit showed the roof is months behind schedule and might – if the weather is bad – threaten Allegiant Stadium opening. But complex issues might end up not hurting the project at all.
Top 4 most iconic exotic stadia in the world
You do not have to be a soccer fan to appreciate the beauty and the complexity of a well-built stadium. However, if you are, you will enjoy this article a little bit more. Below, we present the top 4 most beautiful stadiums in the world that we are sure you are going to love.
Aberdeen Traffic issues arise as Kingsford Stadium consultation is announced
While the first phase of Aberdeen FC's new sports complex is complete, work on the stadium is yet to begin. There's still time to consult fans on its final shape. Some proposals by the club haven't been taken well by locals, though.
Liverpool Usmanov claims naming rights as Everton face record loss
Russian billionaire Alisher Usmanov secured an exclusive option on naming rights by putting forward £30 million. Meanwhile Everton plunge into £111.8 million loss for the last fiscal year.
Australia Townsville stadium nearly complete
With just the field missing, the new North Queensland Stadium is almost ready for its opening events. First a community event, then an Elton John concert and finally some rugby league. All of that coming in February and March.
England Portsmouth reveal first phase of Fratton Park upgrades
It's a modest scheme but really needed one, too. With the proposed revamp the smallest stand of Fratton Park will finally offer the required facilities for both regular ticket holders and disabled fans.
Belgium New plan for 40,000-seater in Brugge
The leader of Belgian Pro League has been fighting for a new stadium for over a decade now. Finally, there's a new concept on the table and the city of Brugge is already on board. Delivery planned for 2024.
StadiumDB Newsletter Issue 89 - A month of new designs
December was a month of new designs for us. Before we switch entirely to 2020 and see more new stadia, designs and constructions added to StadiumDB, let's take a look back at what we've covered in late 2019.
Luxembourg National stadium delayed and more expensive
It was supposed to be ready for October of 2019 and yet it's not even clear if October of 2020 is a safe date to host the opening game. And there's a price increase on top of the delays, too.
- New design: Grand plan in Serie C
- Kentucky: Louisville City announce stadium opening
- London: London Stadium again at big loss, West Ham want athletics out
- Nottingham: Buckingham to deliver new main stand
- England: Have Luton Town won, finally?
- New design: Bombonera 360 – the way forward
- France: Bastia stadium waiting for salvation
- Los Angeles: SoFi Stadium progress at over 85%
- Solihull Moors building for success
- Sydney: Sydney Football Stadium more expensive and less supported
- Germany: First grandstand in Darmstadt nearly complete
- Year in review: Best stadium designs of 2019
- France: Location for new Montpellier stadium selected
- 2032 Olympics: What should be the main stadium for Rhine-Ruhr?
- Poland: Częstochowa stadium officially scrapped
- New designs: What if San Siro could actually be saved...
- London: Wimbledon given more time to come up with £11 million
- Liverpool: Everton submit planning application
- Poland: New plan for speedway's next best stadium
- England: Hadid's green stadium approved
- 4 things to do on your stadium visit