Zurich How about a new stadium for Grasshoppers?
It’s been a decade since plans for a new football stadium in Zurich were on the table. And still the impasse continues. A group of stadium enthusiasts decided to suggest some options…
Florence Fiorentina closer to new stadium
Fiorentina and the city council look set to enter final negotiations over the construction of a new stadium. Municipal requirements have been met by the club’s project.
Bratislava Construction on schedule, but Kmotrik tired with it
Ivan Kmotrik junior confirms national stadium construction is on schedule. But the project has already cost so much effort that the businessman would gladly give it away.
Turin Groundbreaking at Filadelfia this autumn?
Site clearing has already begun a couple weeks ago, while Torino are now awaiting contractor selection. The club hope to use crowdfunding to return to their spiritual home.
Salzburg Austria score on their way back up
The reborn Austria Salzburg is marching on towards the Bundesliga and scored a victory yesterday. Planning committee approved their new south stand. However, on one condition…
Europa League Warsaw final tickets on sale
UEFA launched open distribution of tickets for the Europa League final in Warsaw. Applications may be filed until March 25 and then subject to lottery.
Los Angeles Inglewood council fast-tracks stadium
Inglewood City Council voted unanimously Tuesday night to approve an 80,000-seat stadium at the site of the old Hollywood Park racetrack. Public referendum isn’t necessary now.
Germany Veltins Arena most-attended in 2014
The Gelsenkirchen stadium proved to be Germany’s most attended sports and entertainment venue in 2014, surpassing Munich’s Allianz Arena. 2,366,568 people visited the stadium.
Poland Legia first to provide Wi-Fi
Free access to fast internet connection and mobile apps to all fans, up to 31,000. This is the outcome of Legia Warszawa’s latest deal with Ericsson. Poland’s first club to have a connected stadium follows current trend.
- New design: (One more) Los Angeles Stadium
- New construction: Perth Stadium
- Dortmund: Borussia to provide Wi-Fi services too
- Florida: To the beach or to the beach? Why not both…
- Mexico: Azteca up for revamp, capacity falls
- London: Tottenham closer to their desired stadium?
- Rotterdam: Red De Kuip ready if asked by Feyenoord
- Stadium of The Year Public Vote: Winner – Allianz Parque!
- Stadium of the Year Public Vote: 2. San Mamés
- Stadium of the Year Public Vote: 3. Otkritie Arena
- Stadium of the Year Jury Vote: Winner - Hazza Bin Zayed Stadium!
- Stadium of the Year Jury Vote: 2. Arena da Amazonia
- Stadium of the Year Jury Vote: 3. Singapore National Stadium
- Donetsk: Donbass Arena in decent shape
- UAE: Groundbreaking on hotel next to HBZ Stadium
- Stadium of the Year: Vote closed, announcement on Thursday
- London: First phase of Tottenham’s project ready
- Minneapolis: Vikings Stadium reaches 40%
- England: Vast majority of fans in favor of safe standing
- Stadium of the Year: Look at them shine!
- Australia: The stadium battle of Sydney to end soon?