Baltimore New giant screens installed at M&T Bank Stadium
Each measures exactly 671 square meters (7,222 square feet), twice the size of old M&T Bank Stadium's videoboards. This marks phase one of $145-million redevelopment.
Russia Farmer creatively mocks Zenit Arena
“Not even one ruble was stolen during construction” says the plaque hanged on this Zenit Arena. Not the original one but that built in 5 days using only hay.
China Bayern announcing their third stadium
Allianz Arena is under renovation, the reserve arena almost finished not far away and now Bayern have announced their third stadium, to be built in Shenzhen, China.
Minnesota Rumours confirmed, Allianz teams up with MNUFC
As of now the Minneaosta United future stadium is referred to as Allianz Field. The ground will only open in 2019 but already has the first Allianz naming rights deal in the US.
StadiumDB Newsletter Issue 19, check last week's headlines!
Welcome to the 19th issue of StadiumDB newsletter! We're happy to give you last week's top news and, as is quite common recently, a lot of of our coverage was focused on England and their stadia. But there's much more from other countries and continents below as well!
London Olympic Stadium won't be sponsored by betting companies
Come the 2017/18 Premier League season, the search for naming rights begins again in London. However, London Stadium will not be sponsored by any betting company in order not to cause conflict with West Ham's sponsor Betway.
Munich Home again after 12 years
They have just been relegated two leagues down. Despair? To the contrary, there was celebration in Munich as TSV 1860 finally returned to downtown Munich from the hated Allianz Arena.
Brazil Santos come up with new stadium plan
The legendary Brazilian team are willing to build a private stadium together with local rivals, Jabaquara AC. This news comes after failed attempt to team up with another local team.
Minneapolis 12 weeks of repairs at U.S. Bank Stadium
A massive number of 3,000 facade panels have to be removed and then attached again in U.S. Bank Stadium's first major repair, less than a year after opening.
- Miami: Beckham's plan in trouble yet again?
- England: Scunthorpe United's new stadium should be ready for the 2018/19 season
- Louisville: Support for Butchertown stadium plan
- England: See what Salford City are building in less than a year
- Poland: A chance for Arena Zabrze's last piece?
- New design: North Carolina's first MLS stadum?
- England: York Community Stadium finally with time frame
- Innovations: Between esports and football stadia
- Liverpool: The Kop growing this summer
- StadiumDB Newsletter: Issue 18 for you, grab it here!
- New stadium: In Iran it's a gem
- Moscow: CSKA stadium with stronger identity
- London: Stamford Bridge gains connectivity partner
- Senegal: 8 dead in Dakar's wall collapse
- Glasgow: Nightclub in east stand of Ibrox?
- New construction: See now how Tynecastle is growing
- Germany: New, smaller floodlight masts in Jena
- Lyon: Naming deal signed, now it's Groupama Stadium
- England: Bournemouth confirm new stadium's location
- Major bookmakers as football club sponsors
- Buenos Aires: Boca staying, Bombonera to grow