Munich Bayern repaid Allianz Arena ahead of plan
Instead of 2030, Bayern managed to cover all debts associated with Allianz Arena this year, well ahead of time. The stadium cost €346 million.
New design Sydney to get the world’s best stadium?
We know this distinctive stadium bowl very well already. But by late 2018 the host venue of 2000 Olympics may be the most advanced sporting arena ever, offering some stands completely mobile.
San Jose Earthquakes find naming rights partner while stadium cost soars
Since Wednesday the new stadium in San Jose is called Avaya Stadium. Money earned on the contract will come in handy as the project’s budget is growing.
Freiburg Council supports the new stadium
With outcries from local residents the city council in Freiburg supported the new 35,000-capacity new stadium. Now it’s time for the community to vote, referendum is planned for February.
New stadiums Allianz Parque and “the great wheel”
Last night saw a hardly satisfying debut of Allianz Parque, seeing hosts Palmeiras lose to Sport Recife 0:2. But the stadium is still captivating, just like the one-of-a-kind Estadio Kleber Andrade!
Germany Chemnitzer FC offers stadium souvenirs
500 seats, substitute bench, safety railings or section signs – all this and more is offered to supporters of Chemnitzer FC as the club prepares to inhabit the new stadium, currently under construction.
Netherlands Why so few standing sections in Eredivisie?
While further countries are opening debates on re-allowing terracing into stadiums, in the Netherlands this is allowed for a decade. Still, only 6 Eredivisie clubs allowed standing sections. Why so few? Report by MetroNieuws.nl.
London Wimbledon filed stadium planning application
The Merton Council received AFC Wimbledon’s planning application for the new 11,000-capacity stadium. Will works commence in 2015?
Slovakia Demolition started in Trencin
By year end the old Stadion na Sihoti will be no more, or at least not as it used to be. Three stands will be demolished completely as AS Trencin football club wants to build a new 10,500-seater from scratch.
- Glasgow: Scotland fan killed in tragedy at Celtic Park
- New design: Sóstói Stadion in Szekesfehervar
- Cyprus: Groundbreaking in Limassol in early 2015?
- Pyongyang: May Day Stadium reopened
- New design/construction: Very concrete Rambergsvallen
- Slovakia: Record low turnout for top league
- New stadiums: Stettin, Grajewo, Lubin and Zambrów
- New design: The cut stadium from Aue
- Belgium: KV Mechelen refresh two stands
- Poland: Private partner to help resurrect Świętochłowice’s sleeping giant?
- Qatar 2022: Entire World Cup in one city? It’s possible…
- 2030 World Cup: Chile to bid with or without Uruguay?
- New design: Re-inventing the triangle?
- Madrid: Atletico’s stadium hit by further delays
- Ghana: CAN stadium in despair, authorities forgot about it
- Poland: Tychy Stadium build nearing final phase
- New stadiums: Antwerp, Koksijde, Diksmuide
- Saudi Arabia: Half a million seats getting closer
- Atlanta: Falcons Stadium in High Court over financing
- Rotherham: Commercial complex next to New York Stadium?
- New design: New stadium for Widzew presented