Africa Kenya planning five new national stadiums
It’s a football-mad country, but has only one semi-decent stadium. This is to change within the next several years as a massive project was launched to build five national stadiums across the country.
London Arsenal demands more concerts at Emirates
The Gunners have filed for judicial review of their bid to double the number of concerts at Emirates. Current cap allows the club to hold 3 events, which is too few. But is it? Local authorities consider it enough.
New design Mobile roof and air conditioning for Las Vegas?
There’s only one more MLS spot up for grabs. No wonder Las Vegas businessmen are showing off their proposition of a retractable roof and air-conditioned stands. Their bid is shortlisted and might earn the city its first top class team.
Belarus Lukashenko approves national stadium financing
President Alexander Lukashenko signed a decree releasing funds for the new national football stadium in eastern Minsk. This decision strengthens the Belarusian Euro 2020 bid.
Brazil “Casa Futebol” makes stadium feel like home
Two architecture graduates offered a very imaginative solution to two of Brazil’s problems. If there are empty stadiums and not enough homes, why not make stadiums home for people?
New stadium TD Place Stadium
Today’s re-opening “soccer” game will also break the NASL attendance record. Only a home win is left to make it a perfect day for Fury FC, a fresh franchise in the growing league.
New stadiums Levi’s Stadium and Candlestick Park
Though the old one cost nearly 100 times less, they’re very much the same size today. Not for long – Candlestick is awaiting demolition as $1.3 billion Levi’s Stadium takes the stage.
Australia We’ve waited 7 years for these images
Was it worth the time? Judge yourselves, but it’s an impressive project no matter the aesthetics. Worth nearly $770 million, this new 60,000-seater will be ready in 2018.
Poland New stadium in Lublin 98% ready
We’re just days from final delivery of Arena Lublin, the newest stadium in Poland. Letter-fitting began on the western façade ahead of next week’s illumination tests. Opening event is scheduled for September.
- Sheffield: School to replace Don Valley Stadium
- Brazil: Record World Cup attendance (theoretically)
- Rome: AS Roma reveals new details of the future stadium
- New design: Stadion Kantrida
- Marseille: “Pharaonic project” too expensive for Olympique?
- Coventry: Thousands demand Coventry City’s return to Ricoh
- London: Tottenham allowed to build after long wait
- Sao Paulo: Temporary stands dismantling begins
- New design: Torfeld Süd
- Report: How much did Brazil spend on World Cup stadiums?
- England: London Road another Community Asset, chairman furious
- Costa Rica: Keylor Navas gets stadium and keys to home city
- Canada: Tim Hortons Field to miss at least two games
- Interview: “Extreme make-over” on a listed building
- Vienna: Rapid fans celebrated Hanappi-Stadion one last time
- Enschede: Three years since the roof collapse
- Poland: PGE Arena much livelier
- Hague: Fans saved the historical ticket booths
- Interview: Keeping Brazilian stadium tradition alive
- Canada: Will Hamilton make it for opening?
- Manchester: Etihad Stadium among England’s landmarks