Austria Forest to grow on the field in Klagenfurt
It's not a metaphor, rather Austria's “largest ever art project”. For two months in 2019 football team Austria Klagenfurt is barred from the stadium because a forest of 200 trees will be planted inside.
Miami Hard Rock Stadium to get a cable car system
Rather than a new mode of matchday transport, the cable car will be a novelty feature aimed primarily at entertainment during the Miami Open tennis tournament, increasing the event value of the complex.
U20 World Cup No tickets over €10
As distribution is about to commence, the U20 World Cup ticket prices have been revealed. Ranging between €2.3 and €9.3, fees for watching some of the world's biggest football talents suggest we're in for packed stadiums.
Qatar 2022 Al Wakrah Stadium opening in May
One of the world's most awaited stadiums will open its doors for the first time in May of this year. Another World Cup venue should be delivered by year end.
Baghdad First solar stadium of Iraq almost ready
Work was deadlocked for years but now is progressing rapidly. The 30,000-seater will not only be ready within weeks, it will also be Iraq's greenest stadium.
New design So Alpine, so Roman, so good
While we don't have the existing stadium covered on StadiumDB, we couldn't have missed the redevelopment scheme, which will redefine its historic, monumental facade of 1930.
StadiumDB Newsletter Issue 69 - 6,000 votes so far, here's more
First update on the Vote, first Juror presented - that's how we top the first week of Stadium of the Year. Anything could still happen and we expect it will as last emails informing about the competition leave our mailboxes.
England Surprising proposal for Grimsby Town stadium
It's not just us being taken by surprise here, Grimsby Town themselves are very cautious about the latest community stadium proposal. It seems a perfect way to go but is also a long way away from reality.
Sydney Just 7 weeks left until Bankwest Stadium opening
As progress moves towards 93%, the new stadium in Parramatta is on its way to host the first 20 large events in 2019. Yes, the schedule is very busy already, so no delays can occur if it's to be retained.
- Belgium: Breakthrough for FC Brugge in 2019?
- Stadium of the Year: Meet the Juror – Robert Kennedy
- Italy: Cagliari capacity increase approved
- Charlotte: Panthers owner dreams of domed stadium
- London: QPR threaten relocation to mobilise fanbase against council
- USA: Sports Turf Managers Association enjoys successful 30th Annual Conference & Exhibition
- London: West Ham honour Billy Bonds with east stand
- New stadium: Dinamo reborn
- Rome: 'Stadio si fa', mayor confirms green light
- La Plata: Estudiantes waiting for the playing field
- New stadium: Zaozhuang's hovering cloud
- New stadium: The blue wave of Haikou
- New stadium: Iran's first football-specific stadium
- New stadium: The ornament of Najaf
- New stadium: Fortress, watermelon, 8-arm star
- New stadium: Kocaeli Stadyumu
- New stadium: The olive leaf of Akhisar
- New stadium: 4th league in a Category IV stadium
- New stadium: Batman? Not a dark knight...
- The world’s most impressive stadiums
- Stadium of the Year: Your time to vote!