Germany Naming rights holder decides not to change Energie stadium name
It's a nice Christmas gift for the fans, really. New naming rights contract doesn't put a commercial name onto Stadion der Freundschaft, rather secures the historic name until mid-2020.
#MisjaStadion Moving to #35
We've delivered a third of our growing list of Polish stadium updated. Keep in mind, the plan is to update or add 100 stadiums from Poland to celebrate our country's centenary of regained independence. Next stops: Kalisz, Zgierz, Pilzno and Lublin.
Argentina Works progress in La Plata along with environmental certification
As the year comes to a close, works are entering final stages at Estadio Jorge Luis Hirschi in La Plata. The stadium is also announced to meet criteria of EDGE certification for environmental-friendliness.
Sunderland Sentimental renaming at Stadium of Light
Supporters of Sunderland have spoken and their voice may have been expected. The stadium's south stand will be named after Roker Park, the legendary old stadium of the club.
England Accrington Stanley buy land under stadium
Accrington owner Andy Holt has bought the land on which the Wham Stadium is built from the local council. Change in ownership comes after long 50 years of leasing the ground.
Bordeaux Lovely stadium, just can't make a profit
In 3 years since opening Matmut Atlantique has already generated over €10 million in losses, almost three times as much as expected. Breaking even is no longer on the horizon, but change of operator is.
Dublin One expansion done, another proposed at Tallaght
Only this year the stadium received a brand new south end. This week a new north stand was proposed, which would allow the Dublin stadium to grow beyond 10,000 and become one of Ireland's biggest stadia.
Bratislava Opening announced, grand derby of Slovakia
After 3,303 days “in exile” Slovan Bratislava is ready to return to its spiritual home, the new national stadium. First game will take place on March 2 and will see the grand derby of Slovakia against Spartak Trnava.
Furious fan puts stadium on sale
That's a real classified ad: “For Sale: Lightly used $1,000,000,000 stadium. Occupant has been a team that only has success in breaking the hearts of the fans. Long history of collecting talent with no ideas on how to use them.”
- Where will Redskins land after FedEx Field dies?
- Unique stadiums around the world
- London: Fulham announce capacity cut for 2 seasons
- US stadiums ready to earn big on sports betting
- Nantes: Council agree to discuss land sale
- Austria: LASK stadium moving forward, though slowly
- Top 10 stadiums in English Premier League
- New design: Crew's rebirth in a new home?
- England: Finally, decision time for Luton Town
- Leicester: Pilot not to blame for helicopter crash
- Sydney: Bankwest gets naming rights of new Parramatta stadium
- New design: Budapest's second national stadium
- Cincinnati: Construction (almost) begins on FC Cincy stadium
- New design: The literal Olympic stadium
- #MisjaStadion: 27 out of 100 complete
- Where's the roof on stadium features?
- Johannesburg: FNB Stadium in risk of collapse?
- CONMEBOL: Historic superfinal in Madrid
- Cardiff: Two hotels to join Principality Stadium
- Portugal: Stadium in Leiria to finally be completed
- Rotterdam: Sparta buys back stadium, enables expansion