London Confirmed, Olympic Stadium to cost £36m extra
Not as expensive as predicted in recently leaked information, but the London Olympic Staidum’s conversion will cost the taxpayers further £36 million, totaling at 221% of the 2007 estimations.
New stadiums Trio from Poland
Our database has grown overnight by 3 more stadiums from Poland. This time it’s Nowy Dwór Mazowiecki, Tomaszów Lubelski and Białystok.
China School pretending to be a stadium (and doing it well!)
It wasn’t possible to build a school with adjacent sporting facilities, so architects came up with an idea of creating one on top of the other. And it’s a really great idea.
New design Is this the 2018 WC cheapest stadium?
It’s supposed to seat 35,000 people during the tournament and over 10,000 less in legacy mode. It’s also expected to be cheap… at least in comparison to other Russian venues.
Donetsk Donbass Arena facade falling off
Up to 75% of the glass cladding may be at danger of collapsing, according to latest information from Shakhtar. This follows a vast piece falling down after a strong explosion nearby.
Moscow Luzhniki ahead of schedule
FIFA is very satisfied, because Russia’s national stadium redevelopment is ahead of schedule. In spring of 2017 the RUB 19 billion giant is to be reopened with completely new infrastructure.
Marseille Vélodrome opened after reconstruction
Already on the first night it saw an all-time attendance record. After over three years of reconstruction Stade Vélodrome is now ready for Olympique and for Euro 2016.
St Petersburg FIFA satisfied with Zenit Arena (video)
Experts from FIFA visited the most expensive Russian stadium and are satisfied. This should be the best stadium of 2017 Confederations Cup and 2018 World Cup. And looks impressively, as seen in this video.
Madrid A superstadium for Real in the suburbs?
It could hold up to 100,000 people and cost a smashing €1.2 billion, nearly four times the price of revamped Bernabeu. But the superstadium isn’t Real’s first choice, only a ‘Plan B’.
- London: Olympic Stadium revamp even more expensive?
- Bologna: New owner assures of stadium plans
- New design: (Mostly) new national stadium of Iceland
- Italy: Police allowed to use tasers inside stadiums
- Malaysia: Repairs in infamous Terengganu to commence
- New design: Ethiopia’s changed national stadium
- Mexico: Monterrey stadium over 80% ready
- Spain: Osasuna desperate, propose to give up stadium
- England: Wembley spoiled the national games’ taste?
- Madrid: Atletico close to Turkish Airlines naming rights?
- Liverpool: Anfield name not for sale, but…
- New designs: Two visions for Karvina – the better one and the cheaper one
- Singapore: Shameful sell-out? The superstadium with not so super turf
- Cape Town: “Anchor tenant would stem the bleeding”
- India: It was the largest, now it’s only large
- New design: Even more (el) Monumental
- Poland: Another stadium opened, but cost still unclear
- New stadium: Arena Lublin
- New: Current and future “Fans’ Stadium”
- Germany: New stadium for SC Freiburg for €70 million?
- New stadium: Tim Hortons Field