Warsaw National Stadium mismanagement causing huge overspending
Supreme Audit Office claims Poland’s most expensive stadium may have gone well over budget because of improper supervision during works ahead of Euro 2012. Formally the stadium is… still under construction.
Euro 2020 Prague withdrawing the bid
After another failed attempt to secure financial guarantees, the Czech Football Association withdrew the bid to host Euro 2020 in Prague. Both the government and Prague municipality refused to provide guarantees.
Minneapolis Metrodome gone, MLS club to come?
Removal of all Metrodome remains has finished almost a month ahead of schedule. Now the new structure begins to take shape as new Minnesota stadium is being built. Meanwhile the Vikings hope to grab the next MLS expansion franchise.
New stadium Puskás Akadémia Pancho Aréna
An amazing forest of wooden roof supports, concrete arcades cutting the promenade around stands into sections and a unique, organic architecture. These are the most distinctive features of Hungary’s new youth national stadium. But is it good value for money?
Qatar 2022 Unexpected setback for Lusail Iconic Stadium
After months of waiting architects from around the world were informed that none of them won the competition for World Cup final arena’s design. Report by BDonline.com.
Sochi Zhemchuzhina to return, but what for?
Local people aren’t particularly unhappy without their former football club, but it’s announced to return. This time it sounds like an alibi for Stadion Fisht standing empty.
Arizona $19 million upgrade for Glendale stadium
University of Phoenix Stadium will be getting new giant screens and WiFi system ahead of the 2014 NFL season. Though one of the most modern stadiums in the US, it needs the improvement to keep up.
Atlanta New MLS club to start playing in 2017
The MLS announced this week along with Atlanta Falcons that a new football/soccer franchise will join the American league in 2017. Future home of the team is secured – downsized Falcons Stadium.
Liverpool Contract signed, renderings next week?
Three signatures were given under a strategic agreement today. All of them are crucial for Anfield redevelopment. Images of the stadium’s expansion should be revealed next week.
- Marseille: New roof without need for supports
- Turkey: Galatasaray’s last laugh after scalping scandal
- New stadiums: Tanger, Meknes, Safi and Al Hoceima
- Sao Paulo: Itaquerão handed over, but still under construction
- Perth: Bidder chosen for Perth's giant
- Turkey: Away section for €270!
- Hillsborough: Quarter of a century without relief
- New York: NY City FC to play at Yankee Stadium
- Thailand: Football without dry land? Sure, why not
- New stadiums: Zibo, Ordos, Nantong
- Liverpool: Everton to present new stadium this year?
- England: New design for York City stadium soon, groundbreaking in March
- Ann Arbor: New attendance record for US football?
- Bulgaria: Agreement reached, new national stadium soon?
- Lviv: Will Karpaty finally move to Arena Lviv?
- Northampton: Sixfields revamp with capacity cut
- Italy: New stadium and ownership change at Cagliari?
- Winnipeg: Late, overpriced and now also leaking...
- New design and construction: Stadion Batakan
- New design: Estadio Anoeta
- Kuwait: What next for “model of corruption”? Public inquest ordered