Sochi Zhemchuzhina to return, but what for?
Local people aren’t particularly unhappy without their former football club, but it’s announced to return. This time it sounds like an alibi for Stadion Fisht standing empty.
Arizona $19 million upgrade for Glendale stadium
University of Phoenix Stadium will be getting new giant screens and WiFi system ahead of the 2014 NFL season. Though one of the most modern stadiums in the US, it needs the improvement to keep up.
Atlanta New MLS club to start playing in 2017
The MLS announced this week along with Atlanta Falcons that a new football/soccer franchise will join the American league in 2017. Future home of the team is secured – downsized Falcons Stadium.
Liverpool Contract signed, renderings next week?
Three signatures were given under a strategic agreement today. All of them are crucial for Anfield redevelopment. Images of the stadium’s expansion should be revealed next week.
Marseille New roof without need for supports
After almost two years, the unique dome of Stade Vélodrome is able to support itself without temporary pillars. The structure weighs 6,000 tons, but still seems very airy and lightweight.
Turkey Galatasaray’s last laugh after scalping scandal
Bursaspor demanded outrageous amounts of money from Istanbul supporters, but the unfriendly hosts are now in despair, while visitors celebrate. Galatasaray won and will now honor those who actually paid 800 lira per ticket.
New stadiums Tanger, Meknes, Safi and Al Hoceima
One of these stadiums will host the 2015 Cup of Nations. Remaining grounds regularly host really hot games. And we don’t mean the temperature alone, it’s also about the atmosphere of Moroccan stadia.
Sao Paulo Itaquerão handed over, but still under construction
Yesterday a symbolic delivery ceremony took place inside Arena Corinthians. But the club won’t be able to play an official game here for nearly a month. Construction works are rushing towards the finish line.
Perth Bidder chosen for Perth's giant
Design, build and operation team under the name of WESTADIUM will be awarded the contract for Perth Stadium. The 60,000-capacity venue should go under construction by year end, while renderings should be released in early summer.
- Turkey: Away section for €270!
- Hillsborough: Quarter of a century without relief
- New York: NY City FC to play at Yankee Stadium
- Thailand: Football without dry land? Sure, why not
- New stadiums: Zibo, Ordos, Nantong
- Liverpool: Everton to present new stadium this year?
- England: New design for York City stadium soon, groundbreaking in March
- Ann Arbor: New attendance record for US football?
- Bulgaria: Agreement reached, new national stadium soon?
- Lviv: Will Karpaty finally move to Arena Lviv?
- Northampton: Sixfields revamp with capacity cut
- Italy: New stadium and ownership change at Cagliari?
- Winnipeg: Late, overpriced and now also leaking...
- New design and construction: Stadion Batakan
- New design: Estadio Anoeta
- Kuwait: What next for “model of corruption”? Public inquest ordered
- Rio de Janeiro: Clashes outside Engenhão as workers strike
- Africa: Wails, sobs and bodies across the stadium
- London: Tottenham's stadium blocked by... Tottenham's supporter
- Porto Alegre: Grand weekend at Gigante do Beira-Rio
- StadiumDB: Follow us on Twitter for full coverage