Can NASCAR take over the L.A. Coliseum?
Over 70 years since the racing series first used a football stadium as temporary race track, NASCAR is again interested in an exhibition event. This time, at the venue of 2028 Olympics, Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.
England Coventry owner confirms the need for private stadium
While the return to Coventry is no small thing, building an entirely private home ground remains the goal of Coventry City, according to owner Joy Seppala.
Is Berkeley the first cryptocurrency naming rights deal?
The announcement made waves, forcing University of California (Cal) to clarify that the stadium name hasn’t really changed. Will the latest FTX deal change the market or be forgotten sooner than we think?
MetLife Stadium to have a sportsbook lounge
During the 2021 season, New Jersey Nets will open their first sports betting lounge within MetLife Stadium, joining the list of venues that offer betting live during the game in person, not just online.
Istanbul Galatasaray upgrading Türk Telekom Stadium
New playing field in place, 50,000+ seats being repainted, while one of the largest stadium solar power plants is being installed on top of the venue. But fans would gladly see more changes.
Poland Seating layout revealed for ŁKS stadium
White-red-white mix with club and city names at the heart, this will be the final seating layout at the new ŁKS stadium. Installation is already ongoing and the entire structure should be ready later this year.
Cincinnati FC Cincy break hopeless streak at TQL Stadium
Usually, stadium openings bring teams more joy than sorrows, more success than defeats. But in Cincinnati it took a long and painful wait, the first victory came only on the 10th occasion.
Hong Kong Kai Tak Stadium’s dome swimming towards construction site
Today marks a milestone in the construction process of Hong Kong’s ultramodern 50,000-seater. First element of primary roof trusses has arrived by sea from mainland China.
London Tottenham receives further recognition from RIBA
After the recent regional awards, now the new Spurs stadium was acknowledged with the 2021 RIBA National Award, extending the long list of distinctions received since opening.
The two racecourses with the best atmosphere in England
There are outstanding venues to watch horse racing in the United Kingdom, which is often referred to as the home of the sport. It provides perfect stadia to watch both flat and jumps racing throughout the year.
Jakarta Can the giant JIS be finished by year end?
According to schedule, it should be done by the end of 2021. With 30% work left, is this at all possible? Recently the project turned from “delayed” to “ahead of schedule”, so we will watch it closely!
Who are bookmakers betting on tonight at PGE Stadion Narodowy?
It’s only England’s second international in Warsaw, at the new national stadium. Can the Euro 2020 finalists finally defeat Poland at the new home? The Three Lions seem like a safe bet, but the Poles are hopeful of delivering a surprise victory.
Qatar 2022 Al Thumama Stadium opening announced
It’s already the sixth completed stadium of the upcoming FIFA World Cup. Inspired by traditional head garment, Al Thumama Stadium will welcome fans during the upcoming Amir Cup final.
Spain Completion of Valencia's stadium again on the horizon
Nothing has happened at the Nou Mestalla construction site for 12 years. Unexpectedly, in August, an opportunity turned up to resume work thanks to funds guaranteed by the agreement with CVC Capital Partners.
- Sydney: Massive new screen will be placed at Stadium Australia
- Poland: Katowice sign stadium construction contract
- Is Akon’s supercity and stadium plan still on?
- Bucharest: Dinamo plans to start construction in spring
- New stadium: San Marino joins the pack
- England: Fans to crowdfund Lincoln City stadium’s expansion
- Belgium: Genk and Cegeka team up to pioneer 5G
- Fans might not see the changes, but 2021 has a lot of them
- Mexico: Anticipation of groundbreaking in Yucatan
- Germany: Freiburg stadium lands naming rights before opening
- StadiumDB.com anniversary: It’s been 20 years together!
- Brazil: Roof collapsed during game
- New design: Ship-shaped stadium for Gheorghe Hagi's club
- Belgium: Club Brugge one step closer to new stadium
- Glasgow: Rangers hope to expand Ibrox
- New Clark City Stadium nominated for another award
- Chile: Two year countdown to Pan American Games
- Unique stadium swap could happen in Salford
- Peterborough: More details on new stadium
- Australia to take part in race for World Cup 2034?
- New construction: Major changes at the heart of Ukraine
- Russia: Ak Bars Arena suing Rubin Kazan
- Cape Town Stadium now hosting football, rugby and racing
- Move may not bring success for Everton
- New construction: Sandecja’s stadium growing, though not as planned
- Scotland: Beachfront stadium location proposed in Aberdeen
- New design: Flying saucer to land in Bosnian Posušje?
- Cambodia: Impressive national stadium delivered
- Serbia: Countdown to opening in Bačka Topola
- Nashville: First seats installed after just a year of construction
- Paris: PSG aiming high with Parc des Princes
- Stadium expansion an absolute must to put Elland Road back on the map
- Gelsenkirchen: 20 years since inauguration of Veltins Arena!
- Germany: Brita-Arena no longer a tin can. Well, not entirely
- New design: Leicester's expansion, consultations to start