Australia Tasmania to get the first football stadium?
The famous island might get a football team in the A-League but first they need to built at least one professional stadium. As it turns out, there is none currently.
Scotland Aberdeen’s stadium plan met with mixed reception
With over 500 letters of support and objection, it’s not all positive for Aberdeen FC. Their new stadium raises some fears among local residents.
Poland Second stadium in Łódź ready for handover
Even if a couple months late, it’s still built rather timely when compared to many other stadia of its size. The 18,000-capacity stadium in Łódź will open in March for its first league game.
Russia Only short-term renovation for Kuban
It was expected to get a complete reconstruction, then a major upgrade. Now, one of Russia’s most famous stadiums is left with only cosmetic works that won’t prolong its lifespan significantly.
Bucharest One stadium but for which Steaua?
Reconstruction of Steaua Bucharest’s home stadium should finally begin. Great news, right? Not for Steaua because there will be another team by the same name playing there. Yes, that’s strange.
Brussels Opposition mounts again for Eurostadium
Neighbouring municipalities express their resistance against the planned national stadium in northern Brussels. Opposing MP reveals millions to be paid by taxpayers.
Dresden Dynamo’s stadium to be expanded?
Already in the third league they’ve exceeded expectations in terms of attendance. Now Dynamo Dresden have almost reached their limit, long before reaching Bundesliga.
Stadium of the Year 2016 Name your nominees!
For 10 days you’re welcome to share your favourite stadiums opened in 2016. We know of over 30 stadiums eligible for the competition, now let’s see your candidates.
New stadium Sad opening for Gaziantep Arena
Instead of great celebration a loss, last place in the league and largely empty stands. But for Gaziantep Arena the rough inauguration may be the beginning of a much better history.
- Eindhoven: PSV announce further works at Philips Stadion
- Los Angeles: Inglewood stadium not a threat to airspace
- USA: Hawaii’s new football stadium for 40,000 people
- Romania: Another delay for Ion Oblemenco
- Saint Petersburg: They paid twice for works worth billions
- England: Plymouth to finally erect the missing main stand?
- Mexico City: Cruz Azul aiming for 40,000–50,000 stadium
- London: Chelsea given unanimous support
- London: Millwall crisis postponed, for now
- Germany: Reconstruction begins next week in Oberhausen
- Washington, DC: No room for RFK Stadium in the future
- Sunderland: First summer in years without concert at Stadium of Light
- 2026 World Cup: What '48 teams' means for the hosts
- New design: Stadium wrapped in ‘Mexican wave’
- London: New White Hart Lane and its potential impact on Tottenham’s future!
- Great Britain: UK stadium overhauls and new stadiums to expect in near future!
- Paris: Lawsuit against FFR after national stadium cancellation?
- London: Millwall forced out of London?
- London: One more hurdle for AFC Wimbledon
- New design: On the very tip of France
- Helsinki: More costly Olympic renovation