Argentina Deadlock at Estudiantes reconstruction
Only minor works will be carried out at the new stadium of Estudiantes de la Plata as the club terminates contract with construction company. No funding is secured to continue with works.
Poland More expensive but still viable complex in Sosnowiec
Documentation is now complete and along with it came new cost estimates, much less optimisitic than before. New 12,000-15,000 stadium and two indoor halls will be over 30% more expensive.
New design Finally, MLS stadium in New York?
It's already the 6th proposal for an MLS stadium in the Big Apple only since 2011. The Harlem River Yards vision would put NY City FC in one of the most unique locations in global football.
Scotland Aberdeen sign stadium agreement
Aberdeen FC hopes to begin construction of its new stadium and training complex in June, after signing a legal agreement with the city council.
Germany Planning progress in Freiburg
Participation of residents begins as the planning application for new SC Freiburg stadium moves forward. Long 5 months after it had been initiall filed. A Stadionwelt.de report.
Russia 2018 The last one gets its field
It's the only stadium not to be handed over for the 2018 World Cup yet. It's thus no surprise that Samara Arena is also the last one to get its field. In fact, installation won't be complete until just before the first game.
Italy Cagliari selects Sportium for stadium design
We now know which stadium concept will be implemented in the capital of Sardegna. Cagliari Calcio announced the winner of both the public consultation and technical/environmental evaluation.
Belarus Is the second national stadium still planned?
Had everything gone as planned, it would be complete in just 8 months. But as things stand, there's not even a complete design and very little is clear about the stadium. Except that it's still planned.
Russia 2018 Yekaterinburg ready for fans from around the world
Tickets were sold out well in advance and almost 27,000 people watched Ural defeat championship hopefuls Spartak Moskva. The stadium itself? It's been ready for weeks...
- Lyon: Groupama Stadium wins British Expertise Award
- Qatar 2022: Seating manufacturer selected for further stadiums
- New design: Easy, it's only a training stadium
- Barcelona: Green light for Camp Nou
- Madrid: Real makes another step towards new Bernabéu
- London: Crystal Palace close to green light
- New design: The timber-decorated stadium in Los Angeles
- Berlin: Thousands of toads descend on Union stadium
- New design: 6,000 capacity for a 6th-league club?
- Russia 2018: Penultimate stadium ready for use
- England: West Brom denied safe standing pilot
- New design: Estadio Nicolás Chahuán Nazar
- Marseille: Still no Vélodrome agreement, last chance?
- Russia 2018: Mission impossible in Samara
- Leicester: LCFC confirm stadium expansion plans
- Barcelona: New Camp Nou – when, exactly?
- Liverpool: Meis gives fans a taste of Everton stadium
- Rio de Janeiro: Football is secondary at Maracana
- Russia 2018: Volgograd stadium approved for use
- New design: A not-so-welcome gem for Nantes
- Munich: Allianz Arena more red-white. But not really