Liverpool Planning permission granted for Anfield expansion
Despite a last-minute attempt to delay the decision, city council planning commission approved Liverpool FC’s planning application. The main stand may now be expanded, but some residents call for compensations.
Milan Rossoneri changing their future home site?
The Italian “Tuttosport” newspaper informed that AC Milan are reconsidering the site for their new stadium. Instead of Expo 2015 site, they would go south-west.
Madrid €500 million for “Abu Dhabi Bernabeu”?
The Emirates’ royal family is reportedly interested in naming rights for Santiago Bernabeu. The deal could be worth up to €500 million over two decades. That’s enough to revamp the stadium.
Switzerland Problems mounting for FC Aarau
The Swiss club may lose up to four years in its pursuit of a new stadium after recent citizen appeal. Meanwhile Aarau is unsure of meeting league regulations without the new arena and will be losing money.
Liverpool Groundshare for LFC and Everton? One more vision
And an interesting one, perhaps the most bold to date. While there’ve been a few proposals already, this is the first to suggest an 80,000-seater at the heart of the city.
New designs Three bids for Belgian National Stadium
They weren’t expected to be released yet, but made it to the public. Three visions of how the new 62,000-seater in Brussels should look are now on show here:
New design Diósgyőri Stadion
Hardly any country can show stadiums built so cheap and fast. Hungary’s governmental sports infrastructure program is speeding up with a new 15,000-seater.
Euro 2020 UEFA’s safe choice of hosts
There’s hardly any surprise in the list of 13 host cities. Sure, Saint Petersburg is included despite Russia’s aggression. Sure, Stockholm is out and Baku has quarterfinals, but that wasn’t hard to predict.
New stadiums Büyükşehir Stadyumu and Başakşehir Stadyumu
Both were first announced in 2006, both required budgets of under TRY 200 million. But one was built for a great and popular club, while the other for a team that has barely any followers.
- Poland: Unique month for Narodowy, look at these events!
- Brussels: "Stadium construction can start in 2016"
- Ghana: Another tragedy waiting to happen in Accra?
- Haifa: Hot opening for Maccabi
- Athens: No redevelopment for Panathinaikos?
- Liverpool: Everton confirmed efforts to relocate north
- Liverpool: Anfield expansion approved by planning officials
- Poland: Contract for Stadion Śląski signed
- Brazil: White elephant? Quite the opposite!
- Macedonia: „Waiting for the stadium in Bitola!” And waiting…
- London: Tottenham fans want relocation to Wembley, but it’s unlikely
- Bergamo: „Project drawn up, we will take initiative”
- London: Another blow for Tottenham, reaching deadline „extremely unlikely”
- Euro 2020: All 19 bids evaluated by UEFA
- Germany: Construction in Erfurt to be launched soon?
- England: Flooded stadium to have replacement after nearly a decade?
- New stadiums: The more average Brazilian grounds…
- Saint Petersburg: Zenit Arena’s illumination to cost $12 million
- London: Who will fit-out Olympic Stadium’s hospitality?
- Rome: Roma a step closer to the new stadium
- Coventry: Dream homecoming for City