Canada Hamilton stadium still not ready
It was due in early July, but won’t be opened until September. Contractor has filed for a partial occupancy permit to allow fans inside for the Hamilton-Toronto classic. No more than 75% of Tim Hortons Field will be opened.
Groningen Euroborg roof to supply power for 70 households
The Dutch stadium will soon double the number of its solar panels. Thanks to private citizens financing further batteries, Euroborg’s roof is the largest crowd-funded project across the Netherlands.
New stadiums Świdnik, Września, Gryfice, Międzychód, Plewiska
Our database has grown by five new stadiums overnight. These are all small, but recently modernized or completely rebuilt stadiums from less known areas in Poland.
Coventry City agree return to Ricoh Arena
After months of quarrels agreement has been reached and Coventry City is coming back home. The new deal will last at least 2 years, causing celebrations among fans.
Oslo New stadium for Vålerenga partly approved
Oslo city council unanimously agreed that the proposed stadium in east Oslo should be built. But decision on whether to transfer land to the club is yet to be reached.
Bordeaux Roof almost ready, first giant screen mounted
First of two giant screens was mounted under the roof of Stade Atlantique this week. The Euro 2016 arena is entering its construction’s final stages as the roof and external cladding are almost done.
New design This vision boosted Kazakhstan’s football dreams
Karaganda is a rapidly growing city. New stadium is bound to get built, so no wonder this impressive concept enjoyed great interest last year. But it was never approved officially…
Switzerland Fans paid for free tickets in protest
President of FC Sion decided to greet all away fan groups as guests at this stadium. He offered FC Basel supporters free tickets and food, but fans turned down the offer and paid $11,000 anyway.
Kazan Kazan Arena (re)opened for league after a year
After a (too) long wait fans of Lokomotiv were the first away contingent to ever see a game at Kazan Arena. They returned home satisfied, while local side Rubin enjoyed their record crowd.
- Kazakhstan: FK Aktobe to have new stadium
- Russia: World Cup stadium in Volgograd approved
- Eindhoven: Protest over standing at Philips Stadion
- Mönchengladbach: Borussia-Park – how it changed things round
- Glasgow: Celtic want safe standing, authorities are unsure
- Premier League: Most clubs ‘inflate’ attendances
- Bilbao: Construction of San Mames Barria almost over
- England: New stadium for Gillingham to seat 24,000 fans?
- London: English fans in the streets, Bundesliga executive voicing their concerns
- New stadiums: Sad reality of Kenyan football
- Scotland: Details of Aberdeen new stadium soon?
- Cardiff: Supercup tonight, City Stadium ready
- USA: Sun Devil Stadium revamp contractors selected
- Manchester: Broadhurst Park opening pushed back
- New stadiums: Faroe Islands updated
- New stadium: Groupama Aréna
- London: Double standards a norm at Wembley?
- Charleroi: Euro 2000 stadium reduction finalised
- 10+ Ranking: Here are the best European clubs by attendance
- Russia: Scandal in Kazan, female fans stripped naked
- Poland: Lublin stadium delivered on time