England Will Leeds expand Elland Road to 55,000?
Premier League promotion? Done. Staying in Premier League? Done. No wonder fans are bringing up expansion of Elland Road. The iconic stadium in Leeds could grow to as many as 55,000 seats, according to Phil Hay.
Iraq “Double the work” as deadline looms for Basra
Today the prime minister of Iraq ordered more effort be put into the completion of Minaa Stadium in Basra. The venue should be ready in October if Iraq is to host the 25th Gulf Cup.
Spain El Sadar ready, all it needs now is fans
Guided tours of the revamped stadium are so popular that it will be hard to book a visit in weeks. As for reopening of El Sadar, Osasuna’s president wants to wait until full capacity is allowed. How much did the project cost in the end?
Rio de Janeiro Maracanã renaming vetoed by governor
Acting governor of Rio de Janeiro has vetoed the notion to rename Maracanã after legendary player Pelé. Interestingly, he was asked to do so by the idea’s author himself.
Oregon Donors help complete Reser Stadium
Reser Stadium will undergo another modernization. Much of the funding for the investment will come from local philanthropists. Upon completion, the facility will be one of the most modern university stadiums in the US.
Belgium Standard with final green light, reconstruction can begin!
After years of efforts there are no more procedural obstacles. Now it’s up to Standard to deliver the €100-million redevelopment of Stade de Sclessin. How long will it take?
Euro 2020 What capacities will stadiums have?
Will Bilbao and Dublin lose their hosting rights? Some media outlets got into speculations about potential replacements but it seems to be far from decided. Here’s what we know about Euro 2020 venues allowing fans inside.
Minneapolis U.S. Bank Stadium's faults to be fixed by autumn
U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis is one of the most expensive stadiums in the world. However, it is not free from technical defects that come to light from time to time and require considerable financial outlays for repairs.
California Quakes announces a naming rights partnership with PayPal
Together with PayPal Holdings the stadium starts a new chapter in the community. San Jose Earthquakes has just introduced PayPal Park as the new venue name after entering into a 10-year sponsorship agreement, which includes naming rights to the club’s soccer-specific stadium.
- New design: Futuristic dream of new Parma
- England: New stadium for Watford in 5 years?
- Australia & New Zealand: Stadiums for the 2023 Women’s World Cup revealed!
- Tennessee: Obstacles overcome, Nashville SC now fighting for fans
- Bucharest: Stadionul Steaua shines! But fans have to wait
- Ohio: 3 months to finish line in Columbus
- England: Coventry City confirm stadium at 'master plan' stage
- China: Wuhan set for new professional football stadium
- Kaiserslautern: Betzenberg to stand unused?
- Questions still lingering around Euro 2020
- Liverpool: Countdown to construction begins!
- The Netherlands: NAC Breda planning a new stadium
- New design: Belfast’s Oval will no longer be an oval
- Turkey: Galatasaray's stadium more ecological
- England: Leicester with record loss but still working on expansion
- Manchester: City to install safe standing by 2021/22
- Alkmaar: Symbolic day, mega truss in position
- Bahrain: Formula 1 is there, time for national stadium
- Turkey: Modern stadium left with no-one to use it
- USA: West End Stadium facade lights up
- England: Luton set goal to relocate in 2024