Rome Significant delay for AS Roma stadium?
As if the humiliating 1-7 defeat wasn’t enough, AS Roma suffered one more blow this week. City planning officials failed to approve planning permission to allow the new stadium groundbreaking.
London Stadium for QPR? “Not going to happen”
While the London-based club hopes to build a new stadium at Old Oak, the plot owner very clearly states, this isn’t happening. End of the New Queens Park scheme? Very likely.
Indonesia Fan killed after football game in Solo
It may be “only the second league”, but it still draws crowds and experiences the good and bad sides of fanaticism. Both were seen on Wednesday afternoon in Solo, where a fan was left dead.
London Confirmed, Olympic Stadium to cost £36m extra
Not as expensive as predicted in recently leaked information, but the London Olympic Staidum’s conversion will cost the taxpayers further £36 million, totaling at 221% of the 2007 estimations.
New stadiums Trio from Poland
Our database has grown overnight by 3 more stadiums from Poland. This time it’s Nowy Dwór Mazowiecki, Tomaszów Lubelski and Białystok.
China School pretending to be a stadium (and doing it well!)
It wasn’t possible to build a school with adjacent sporting facilities, so architects came up with an idea of creating one on top of the other. And it’s a really great idea.
New design Is this the 2018 WC cheapest stadium?
It’s supposed to seat 35,000 people during the tournament and over 10,000 less in legacy mode. It’s also expected to be cheap… at least in comparison to other Russian venues.
Donetsk Donbass Arena facade falling off
Up to 75% of the glass cladding may be at danger of collapsing, according to latest information from Shakhtar. This follows a vast piece falling down after a strong explosion nearby.
Moscow Luzhniki ahead of schedule
FIFA is very satisfied, because Russia’s national stadium redevelopment is ahead of schedule. In spring of 2017 the RUB 19 billion giant is to be reopened with completely new infrastructure.
- Marseille: Vélodrome opened after reconstruction
- St Petersburg: FIFA satisfied with Zenit Arena (video)
- Madrid: A superstadium for Real in the suburbs?
- London: Olympic Stadium revamp even more expensive?
- Bologna: New owner assures of stadium plans
- New design: (Mostly) new national stadium of Iceland
- Italy: Police allowed to use tasers inside stadiums
- Malaysia: Repairs in infamous Terengganu to commence
- New design: Ethiopia’s changed national stadium
- Mexico: Monterrey stadium over 80% ready
- Spain: Osasuna desperate, propose to give up stadium
- England: Wembley spoiled the national games’ taste?
- Madrid: Atletico close to Turkish Airlines naming rights?
- Liverpool: Anfield name not for sale, but…
- New designs: Two visions for Karvina – the better one and the cheaper one
- Singapore: Shameful sell-out? The superstadium with not so super turf
- Cape Town: “Anchor tenant would stem the bleeding”
- India: It was the largest, now it’s only large
- New design: Even more (el) Monumental
- Poland: Another stadium opened, but cost still unclear
- New stadium: Arena Lublin