Bolivia Tragic accident, floodlight mast crashed onto spectators
One of Real Santa Cruz stadium's floodlight masts collapsed last weekend. Unfortunately, there were people at the stadium and the accident claimed one life.
Poland Fans in Zabrze pushing for missing stand
Three modern sides and one that used to commemorate Hitler. Time to change it, say fans of Górnik Zabrze, who are the only ones in Poland buying 100% of available tickets this season.
Bulgaria Ludogorets open new grandstand
They've narrowly made it in time to inaugurate the new east stand this week. Second phase of stadium reconstruction is officially delivered and it only took a few months!
StadiumDB Newsletter Find your Issue 22 here and join for more
Here are our favourite news of last week. If you fancy a summary like this in your inbox every week, be sure to subscribe via the form below...
Wales Swansea “very close” to stadium deal?
According to BBC Wales, it's finally close to an agreement about Swansea City taking over at Liberty Stadium. This would end a deadlock over the ground in recent years.
England Stoke finishing expansion with record capacity
In the brief history of bet365 Stadium it has never accommodated that many people. On Saturday up to 30,089 fans can enjoy the return of Premier League football.
Romania Grave error confirmed, further delay possible
You may remember that story, which was the first of its kind in 16 years of our existence. Two parts of this stadium's roof don't match one-another and now the challenge is to make them fit safely.
St. Paul Excavation proceeds, first crane arrives at Allianz Field
At the construction site in St. Paul, a central tower crane has taken up residence and the hole for Minnesota United's soccer stadium is about 40-50% dug. A Star Tribune report.
Bristol Rovers stay put, plan to revamp Memorial Stadium
After years of work on the proposed UWE Stadium, Bristol Rovers finally scrapped the plan. Instead, the team opt to redevelop current Memorial Stadium.
- China: Gold paint to change stadium's feng shui
- Liverpool: See what has changed at Anfield this summer
- London: Arsenal become first Premier League club to use only green energy
- Bergamo: Atalanta officially buy the stadium
- StadiumDB Newsletter: Issue 21, check it out here
- Aberdeen: Celtic and Hearts support Aberdeen's stadium scheme
- Munich: Webasto owner promises stadium to TSV 1860
- Montreal: Olympic Stadium becomes refugee centre
- England: Shrews fans crowdfund for first safe standing section
- New stadium: Change of shift in Samsun
- North Carolina: Land value may impact MLS proposal
- Athens: Pole vaulter sues over national stadium injury
- Germany: Borussia repay municipal stadium loan
- London: Wimbledon select Andrew Scott to build stadium
- Perth: Hybrid turf being laid
- Poland: Symbolic end at Śląski, but construction continues
- StadiumDB Newsletter: Issue 20, get your weekly update here!
- Detroit: County executive supports MLS stadium plan
- England: A look at the best Stadiums in the Premier League
- London: What do we know about the Northumberland Development Project?
- France: Ligue 1 debutants ask fans to buy a stand for them