Brazil Arena da Amazonia operator displeased with FIFA
The list of damages is already over 100 pages long FIFA is responsible for them. Instead of handing over Arena da Amazonia in a fair state, the organisers returned it devastated.
Ukraine Donbass Arena abandoned indefinitely
Shakhtar Donetsk began their league campaign today, but holding any game at the ultra-modern Donbass Arena was out of question. The team have taken up tenancy of Arena Lviv, another Euro 2012 ground.
New design Estadio Augustin Coruco Diaz
This stadium at the heart of Zacatepec will be able to accommodate almost all people living within city limits. To build it a kindergarten had to be moved, but just what price would you put on reviving a legend?
Poland Construction resumes in Zabrze
The city today handed over Stadion Ernesta Pohla’s construction site to new contractors. Work already got under way to deliver the roof within 3 months. More progress is expected soon.
Rotterdam Zwarts en Jansma to design De Kuip after all
Though their concept wasn’t selected by Feyenoord, the Amsterdam-based practice will still deliver the final design of expanded De Kuip. The decision was reached by BAM Sports, tender winner.
Minneapolis New stadium a death trap for birds?
Worth almost $1 billion, the new Vikings Stadium may see bloody dots from smashed birds after opening. Environmental group appeals to change type of glass, because birds won’t notice the one used, crashing into it.
Lyon Attendance record ahead of stadium move
Olympique Lyonnais reports that the 2013/14 season has set a record of attendance. Which is great news ahead of moving to a much larger stadium outside the city.
Africa Kenya planning five new national stadiums
It’s a football-mad country, but has only one semi-decent stadium. This is to change within the next several years as a massive project was launched to build five national stadiums across the country.
Glasgow Commonwealth Games kick off
Celtic Park will host the opening ceremony of 2014 Commonwealth Games tonight as 71 nations start their battle for supremacy. Celtic on the other hand had to leave their home for at least one major game.
- London: Arsenal demands more concerts at Emirates
- New design: Mobile roof and air conditioning for Las Vegas?
- Belarus: Lukashenko approves national stadium financing
- Brazil: “Casa Futebol” makes stadium feel like home
- New stadium: TD Place Stadium
- New stadiums: Levi’s Stadium and Candlestick Park
- Australia: We’ve waited 7 years for these images
- Poland: New stadium in Lublin 98% ready
- Sheffield: School to replace Don Valley Stadium
- Brazil: Record World Cup attendance (theoretically)
- Rome: AS Roma reveals new details of the future stadium
- New design: Stadion Kantrida
- Marseille: “Pharaonic project” too expensive for Olympique?
- Coventry: Thousands demand Coventry City’s return to Ricoh
- London: Tottenham allowed to build after long wait
- Sao Paulo: Temporary stands dismantling begins
- New design: Torfeld Süd
- Report: How much did Brazil spend on World Cup stadiums?
- England: London Road another Community Asset, chairman furious
- Costa Rica: Keylor Navas gets stadium and keys to home city
- Canada: Tim Hortons Field to miss at least two games