Freiburg No games on the new stadium after 8 pm
As reported by Spiegel Online, football matches on the new FC Freiburg stadium cannot be organized in the evenings due to the court’s ruling. The aim of the decision is to protect local residents from excess noise.
Kopenhagen Will Denmark have a new national stadium?
As reported by a newspaper Politiken, Denmark may have a new national stadium in the future. The state of art ground with a capacity of 50,000 could replace Telia Parken in this role.
Nuremberg The future of Max Morlock Stadion
A naming rights contract, by which the Nuremberg city stadium is named after iconic local footballer is expiring. What’s next? The city municipals predict it may be necessary to find another sponsor, which ultimately may mean a new name for the stadium.
Rio de Janeiro 2020 Copa Libertadores final at Maracanã
The South American Football Confederation announced the host of 2020 Copa Libertadores final host last Thursday. The game will be played on Rio’s iconic ground, Maracanã.
Leeds Possible expansion of Elland Road
During Leeds United one hundred years celebration, Angus Kinnear, club’s managing director announced, that Elland Road may be expanded in the near future. One condition though: the team must get promoted to Premier League.
England Torquay United to remain on Plainmoor
Plans to build a modern stadium in located in south-west England town of Torquay are going to fall through. The authorities of the club Torquay United anticipate, that such an undertaking would not be profitable under current conditions.
Florence A step forward for Fiorentina’s stadium plans
As reported by an Italian newspaper La Repubblica, Florence municipals agreed to sell the area for possible construction of Fiorentina’s new stadium. The mayor of the city, Dario Nardella anticipates, that the stadium could be ready in 48 months.
Albania Final opening date for new national stadium
Though official inauguration won't happen until Albania's Euro 2020 qualifier against France, Albanians will have the chance to visit the new stadium 2 weeks earlier, too...
Poland Plans for a new stadium in Chorzów for now cancelled
Bad news for all the Ruch Chorzów fans. The mayor of the city announced, that the new stadium will not be constructed in the near future due to the lack of funding in the city budget.
Netherlands Construction of the new Helmond Sport stadium to start this November
Finally the construction of the new sports center in Helmond will commence. Sportpark De Braak is planned to be opened in 2023.
- Cape Town: Uncertain future of Newlands Stadium
- England: Decision on Southend stadium in 2020
- Romania: Over 30,000 child-supporters to watch match with Norway
- London: West Ham to straighten stands for 2020/21?
- Lisbon: Sporting's stadium to be named after CR7?
- Columbus: Construction on Crew stadium officially ongoing
- Liverpool: Everton on schedule
- Alkmaar: AZ removing most of the roof
- New design: Official vision for Płock
- StadiumDB Newsletter: Issue 86 - From Liverpool to Szczecin
- Brussels: Last grasp for Eurostadium
- Birmingham: Villa given green light to work behind north end
- Liverpool: Anfield transitioning to cashless payments
- England: York Community Stadium to open in 2020
- Bruges: Opponents propose new stadium site
- New construction: Stadion Floriana Krygiera
- Zurich: Second referendum might kill stadium plans
- Cincinnati: FC Cincy announces suite sales, conflict over parking
- Colombia: Major overhaul proposed for Atanasio Girardot
- Edinburgh: Murrayfield's hospitality revamped
- Qatar 2022: Liverpool to open Education City Stadium