Stadium of the Year 2015 Meet the nominee – Stade Bollaert-Delelis
One of this year’s most unique candidates, because it’s an old stadium dressed in brand new clothing. And not all supporters are crazy about the extent of changes…
England Liverpool bends under fan pressure
Once they saw thousands of fans leave the stadium in protest, Liverpool FC owners came to their senses and did the right thing. Better late than never, you might say.
Poland Fate sealed for Stettin stadium?
Supporters oppose, the club draws a counter-vision. And yet the city of Stettin persist with their controversial redevelopment plan. No social consultation was conducted.
Stadium of the Year 2015 Meet the nominee – Ordos SC Stadium
Whether by day or night, it’s equally impressive. But will it find sufficient use not to fall into despair? That’s the challenge in Ordos, where a massive new sports complex was opened last year.
Rotterdam New Feyenoord stadium for no more than 65,000 people
While final location is yet to be selected, we can already confirm that capacity of the new Rotterdam stadium won’t exceed 65,000 seats. Growing further would force major infrastructure changes.
Germany Harsh criticism of Essen after stadium takes museum’s money
Covering the deficit created by newly built stadium forced the city of Essen to deny funds to a local museum. This outraged many citizens and earned the city the Pannekopp anti-award for biggest fail.
Stadium of the Year 2015 Meet the candidate – Minaminagano Stadium
It’s currently the most modern stadium built for the third league in Japan. But it’s good enough to play J1 League games as well!
New designs Five proposals for Sosnowiec
We have all the finalists, including the winning design for new sports complex in Sosnowiec. By 2019 we may see it built and it would be among Poland’s most beautiful stadiums.
Azerbaijan Baku Olympic Stadium opens its doors to everyone
Its splendid, luxurious facilities hosted guests during the 1st European Games. Now everyone will be able to have a taste of the stadium, be it for entertainment or work.
- Stadium of the Year 2015: Meet the nominee – Matmut Atlantique
- Germany: Kiel stadium to (almost) double capacity
- Stadium of the Year: Meet the nominee – Kyle Field
- California: Santa Clara’s first Super Bowl
- Stadium of the Year 2015: Meet the nominee – KSU Stadium
- Stadium of the Year 2015: Meet the nominee – Haixia OC Stadium
- Moscow: Luzhniki to return to glory soon
- Stadium of the Year 2015: Meet the nominee – Estadio Zorros del Desierto
- Stadium of the Year 2015: Meet the nominee – Estadio Multiva
- Ranking: New stadiums change football in the Americas
- Dublin: Aviva Stadium goes green
- Germany: RB Leipzig to outgrow Bayern?!
- Belgium: Brugge isn’t getting public support
- Stadium of the Year 2015: Meet the nominee – Estadio La Portada
- Freiburg: Land approves funds for new stadium
- Stadium of the Year 2015: 10 Finalists of the Jury Vote
- Stadium of the Year: Meet the nominee – Estadio BBVA Bancomer
- Russia: Bizarre Lamborghini monument on fire
- Forum Seating: Comfort for sports fans
- Stadium of the Year 2015: Meet the nominee – Continental Arena
- Russia 2018: “Never-ending construction” will end after all