Hamburg Sankt Pauli can officially get loud
Unusual miscalculation in capacity resulted in 2,000 seats at Millerntor being under threat of closing. Noise limit was set for 27,500 people, while the stadium holds 29,500.
Serbia State to co-fund national stadium
After poor performance in Euro 2016 qualifiers, Serbia wants to rebuild its position partly with a new national stadium. Up to 60% of the project would be state-funded.
New stadiums We’ve (almost) completed the Serbian SuperLiga
Just two stadiums of the Serbian SuperLiga missing in our database, while we also added three stadia from the lower leagues. All thanks to Gerhard Rudolf and Joerg Pochert (thanks!).
Minneapolis Vikings stadium 75% ready
Progress in Minneapolis is clearly visible on a daily basis, more inside than out nowadays as work slowly concentrates inside. 75% is not only the advancement, but also amount of savings with innovative lighting system.
England Reading FC reveal plans for stadium surroundings
Large congress centre, ice rink, public park and 600 apartments are to grow around Madejski Stadium. That’s the team’s plan to boost revenue and regain Premier League status for good.
Poland The secret of unopened Bielsko-Biała stadium
Despite officially being delivered in June, the new stadium in Bielsko-Biała will not be opened until February 2016, maybe even March. See here how is that possible.
New design Second league, but top class design
Sandnes Ulf may be only in the 2nd tier of Norwegian football, but their stadium plan is indeed impressive. One major issue is whether they can in fact pull it off.
Hungary Farewell, Legend of Budapest!
It’s the end of an era for Hungarian football. The country’s most impressive and recognized stadium is officially closed and awaiting demolition. New one will be even larger, which raises questions.
New stadiums October four from the US
All of them delivered in October (well, one in November…) and each so different. Great stories behind them too, even if “The Cock Pit” may sound somewhat clumsy as a nickname to some…
- Moscow: What happened at Luzhniki?
- Belgium: Construction in Waregem to resume soon
- Iraq: Turkish workers released after stadium abduction
- Russia 2018: Grass in Sochi by year end
- USA: DC United closer to new stadium
- Germany: Darmstadt will have a new stadium
- Paris: Parc des Princes (not) for sale?
- Bilbao: Two options to close San Mames
- Milan: Rossoneri to pay dearly for no new stadium
- Netherlands: Fans may choose the field’s pattern
- New design: Amsterdam ArenA for Euro 2020
- Sweden: Malmo downsize stadium for Real Madrid
- Florence: “By February or March, Fiorentina will present the final project”
- England: East Stand revamp could sink Northampton Town?
- New stadiums: Béjaia, Relizane and Algiers twice
- Estonia: National stadium in Tallinn to grow by 50%
- Brussels: Anderlecht shocks, Euro 2020 in jeopardy?
- New stadiums: Old Gray Lady and others
- StadiumDB comment: She’s Hadid, just stop
- Germany: Green light for new Jena stadium
- Salzburg: Red Bull hits Austria yet again?