Portugal Stadium crying to be filled
Even the best season of Beira-Mar wasn’t enough to fill this Euro 2004 stadium. Last campaign had an appalling average crowd of 629 people per game!
USA Miami did the trick!
Their stadium revamp began in January and already today fans of Miami Dolphins will reopen Sun Life Stadium for NFL pre-season. The best for Dolphins fans is reportedly yet to come.
London Stands moved closer, opposition growing
London Olympic Stadium’s retractable stands were moved closer to the field. Also campaigners against West Ham’s deal are moving closer to their goal. In both cases: not too close.
Kharkiv Metalist stadium at risk of destruction?
The Ukrainian host of Euro 2012 is reportedly at risk of literally falling apart. Errors during the very foundation stage may result in catastrophe if repairs aren’t made fast.
New stadiums Spanish lower-league trio
One of them has Rome in its name, another: America. But make no mistake, these are all Spanish stadia. Not the biggest, but each has a story to tell.
Spain Sevilla shows further stadium plans
As the first renovation phase is nearly complete, now Sevilla FC present the future exterior of Estadio Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan. This time next year the stadium will be entirely changed.
New design Entire roof made of wood? Well, why not?
Spoiler alert: this stadium is not getting built. But that won’t stop us from showing yet another bold vision by Sadar + Vuga from Slovenia. Quite a piece to see!
New stadium Tissot Arena comes to play
Official opening comes in a month, but first official games were already held here. Meet Tissot Arena, the latest stadium of Swiss 2nd league. If they win promotion, capacity will rise twice!
Qatar Work to begin at Al Bayt Stadium
Consortium of three contractors is preparing to break ground in Al Khor, on the new Al Bayt Stadium. In fact, ground has already been broken and the site is nearly ready for foundation works.
- Israel: Turner Stadium opening in September
- Atlanta: Falcons reveal Mercedes as partner
- Switzerland: Groundbreaking in Schaffhausen this Friday
- Czech Republic: “Coliseum” in Brno to get built after all?
- New stadium: The Slovak gem from Trnava
- Russia 2018: Roof over Zenit Arena ready
- New designs: Ascoli aims at Serie A future
- Brussels: Groundbreaking at “Eurostadion” on March 14
- New design: Conjoined arenas in Calgary
- Tokyo: Officials misled the public and IOC?
- Porto: Season ticket? On a smartwatch
- Poland: Historic clock to return to Chorzów
- New design: Stadium hidden in former quarry
- New design: DC United’s new home at last?
- Minneapolis: Which site for the Loons’ nest?
- Netherlands: Heracles opens expanded stadium
- Qatar 2022: Can holograms enhance matchday experience?
- New stadiums: Radom and more from Poland
- London: Chelsea to break the bank?
- New design: Greuther Fürth show their future
- Cologne: RheinEnergie Stadion could be immense