New Zealand Stadium in Christchurch to be bigger, but also later
Recent months have been marked by disputes over the final capacity of the arena. It seemed that the increase in costs would reduce the scale of the project, but in the end it was decided to build a larger venue.
Belgium Hurricane tore off part of the roof in Antwerp
Hurricane Aurora, raging in Western Europe, does not spare the sports infrastructure. Last night it reached northern Belgium and caused losses at Bosuil Stadion.
England Stadium in Southend awaiting approval
The need to build a new ground has been talked about in this coastal town for at least several years. The club's infrastructure plans are slowly moving forward. It looks like everything will be decided early next year.
UK Will St. James' Park be a future fortress?
St. James' Park is the oldest existing stadium in North-Eastern England and one of the most unique football grounds in the world. Will it be a future fortess after the latest Newcastle takeover?
Stade de France Les Bleus expelled by National Railways
A temporary relocation has been imposed on the French national team - the game against Kazakhstan is to be hosted by Parc des Princes. The reason may be more complex than the one revealed by the official announcement.
UK Wembley closed for next UEFA game!
After dramatic scenes during the Euro 2020 final at Wembley, England has been sanctioned to play their next match in the UEFA competition behind closed doors.
USA NFL knocks on German stadiums’ gates
Following the success of the NFL’s International Series in London and Mexico, the league expressed their interest to host more games in Europe. The first talks with three German cities to host regular-season games were taken.
New designs Seven new stadiums from Serbia
Serbia is another country in Europe where the stadium boom is in full swing. Today we present the designs of seven new venues. Almost half of them are already under construction and the rest are awaiting implementation.
The Netherlands Changes to Nieuw Cambuurstadion design
Rapidly rising prices of building materials forced modification of the future stadium in Leeuwarden. The amendments are aimed at keeping the project within the assumed budget.
Austria Linzer ASK is building new home
LASK supporters have finally seen the start of works for their new stadium. The new arena in Linz will be capable of hosting domestic cup finals and international games.
Rome Italy to prepare bid for Euro 2028 or World Cup 2030?
After the great enthusiasm following the recent victory at the UEFA 2020, Italy is willing to organise a big football tournament. If that happened, it would require a solid redevelopment of the stadiums.
New Mexico United’s stadium hanging by a thread
The construction of the New Mexico United venue with a capacity of 10-12,000 seats is not yet certain. The biggest problem at the moment is how to finance the investment.
EURO 2028 UEFA opens bidding process for EURO 2028
UEFA has officially started the process to choose the host(s) for the UEFA EURO 2028. The final appointment will be revealed in September 2023.
Belgium Green light to the new Club Brugge stadium
Promising news for Club Brugge supporters - project of their new ground has been granted an environmental permit. It may not be the end of the struggle, though.
- Poland: Stadium construction starts in Katowice
- USA: Allianz Field with MLS All-Star Game in 2022
- Birmingham: Two stands still closed
- Warsaw: National Stadium extends its partnership with PGE
- New stadium: SC Freiburg moved to new home
- Should Sports Stadiums Offer More Than Just Live Sport?
- Lithuania: National Stadium to be built by 2025
- Warsaw: Kazimierz Górski will be the official patron of PGE Narodowy
- NFL changing approach to gambling. More money for clubs
- New design: Egret in flight straight from China
- Buffalo: New stadium still long way off
- Hard Rock Stadium on road to glory with F1 and FIFA
- NFL London: Great Bets to Place as Tottenham Hotspur Stadium Hosts Two Great Games
- New stadium: Sports complex like bowl for tea infusion
- Liverpool: Everton's new stadium project could receive serious funding
- England: Bolton Wanderers to cut themselves off from betting
- England: Safe standing trials in Premier League and Championship
- China: Super stadium still alive despite Evergrande debts
- Brentford must cultivate strong Premier League home form when playing at Brentford Community Stadium
- Belgium: Last moment opening in Antwerp
- Neyland Stadium to improve after celebrating centenary
- Northern Ireland: Government to release funds for stadiums
- Liverpool: Second life of bottles from Anfield
- Elland Road expansion can see Leeds compete
- Tottenham Stadium lands 16th award already
- IPL 2021: Fans Return to Stadiums in Limited Capacity
- MLS in Las Vegas? It can happen
- Xi'an: China's ancient capital hosts 14th National Games
- Rome: Upcoming elections to affect AS Roma's stadium plans
- Liverpool: Anfield Road expansion about to start!
- France: First stadium for Nîmes in 2022, second in 2026
- Qatar 2022: Lusail Stadium nearing the finish line
- Italy: Venezia finally at home!
- No such thing as a non-conventional stadium event
- Indianapolis deal solidifies Caesars’ presence in NFL