|Country||United States of America|
|Clubs||Green Bay Packers|
|Construction||11/10/1956 - 09/1957|
|Renovations||1961, 1963, 1965, 1970, 1985, 1990, 1995, 2001-2003, 2012-2015|
|Record attendance||71 213 (02/11/2009)|
|Design||Somerville Associates (1957)|
|Contractor||Geo. M. Hougard & Sons (1957)|
|Address||1265 Lombardi Avenue, Green Bay, Wisconsin 54304|
Description: Lambeau Field
In 1955 the City Stadium’s state was well below expectations, prompting the club to act. Having reached an agreement with the municipality, decision was made to build a new stadium in 1956. Budget was split between Green Bay Packers and the city of Green Bay, seeing the sunken bowl of New City Stadium inaugurated in September 1957.
In 1961, when Packers were on a high, ticket demand led to an increase in capacity, seeing the stadium get bleachers for extra 6,519 people, reaching 38,669. Following years saw three more expansions that saw all sides of the stadium have steel terraces erected over the initial bowl.
In the meantime New City Stadium changed its name to Lambeau Field in 1965 after Curly Lambeau passing. He was the founder, player and first coach of Packers, earning the right to become the ground’s first and so far only patron.
In 1985 first suites were created, mostly in the eastern part. Altogether there were 72 suites at that time, increasing capacity to 56,926. Over the next decade suites were being added until they surrounded most of the bowl in 1995, peaking at 198.
In 2000 plans to renovate the stadium and further expand it were announced. A vast office-commercial building was created on the east side with its famous Atrium and Curly’s pub, while capacity grew to 73,142. Altogether that revamp cost $295 million.
In August 2011 further changes were announced, most notably including new tiers on the south side of Lambeau Field that allowed the stadium to become the very largest in Wisconsin and one of NFL’s largest at 80,750. Modern giant screen was also added and new sound system.