Stadion Allmend – until 2009
|Clubs||Fussball Club Luzern|
|Record audience||26 100 (1993, FC Luzern - FC Basel 4-1)|
|Address||Horwerstrasse 89, 6005 Luzern|
Description: Stadion Allmend
Stadion Allmend showed up on the maps of Lucerne in 1934, initially as a pitch with a single wooden stand. First enlarged in the 50’s, it had its biggest times in 1980’s, when a big redevelopment took place. At the time of closing it had four separate stands, three of which had roof over at least part of the terraces. Capacity, though estimated to be at 25,000, was for safety reasons decreased to only 13,500 viewers, of which 7,100 had standing room popular among many fans.
Since 2007 the ground had trouble to meet league regulations and decision was made to build a new one in its place. The good-bye game took place on June 13th 2009, when the home team won 5:0 against FC Lugano. After that game many fans took souvenirs, like seats or portions of the grass.