Stadion Piasta Gliwice – until 2010
|1000 (Standing places)|
|15 000 (Capacity in 1941)|
|Clubs||GKS Piast Gliwice|
|Last renovation year||2006|
|Adress||Okrzei 20, 44-100 Gliwice|
Stadion Piasta Gliwice – historical stadium description
It's hard to establish, when the ground was built. Surely by 1926 it was already in operation, though until the end of WWII it was a German stadium. Even after 1945 it wasn't Piast who used it, this club moved in no sooner than 1956. Since then they played almost all their games here, excluding last seasons of existence, when the ground wasn't granted licence due to poor infrastructure and condition.
Around wartime it could host up to 15,000 people, but after a series of renovations capacity decreased, mostly thanks to seating, to 6,000. Most recent change came in 2006 when floodlight masts were raised to comply with infrastructural requirements. However due to stricter regulations it had to be torn down, which took place in 2010.