Stadion Miejski w Poznaniu (Stadion Lecha Poznań) – until 2003

Capacity20 000
40 000 (Capacity in 1980)
Country Poland
CityPoznan
ClubsKKS Lech Poznań S.A.
Build year1980
Last renovation year2002
Retire year2003
Floodlights 1890 lux
Inauguration 1980 (Lech Poznań - Motor Lublin 1-1)
Record attendance 45 000 (Lech Poznań - Widzew Łódź 0-1, 08.04.1984)
Address 60-320 Poznań, ul. Bułgarska 5/7

Advertisement

Description: Stadion Lecha

Stadium on Bulgarska St. was opened to public in 1980. From beginning to end it consisted of three single-tiered stands based on artificial hills. Their capacity was initially estimated to be at even 40,000 (that might be exagerrated though), but along with installing individual seats the number of viewers halved. The capacity of 20,000 remained until 2003, when a new fourth stand, first part of the new stadium, was raised.

At the first game in 1980 there were some 18,000 people, but 4 years later an audience of around 45,000 watched a prestigious rivalry with Widzew Lodz. Soon after inauguration a new control room over the stands was constructed and then came the most characteristic part of the ground – 56-meter high floodlight masts. Due to their design they were called ‘swans’.

Advertisement

Pictures

2004

Related news

2016