Stadion im. Tadeusza Ślusarskiego w Otwocku (Stadion Startu Otwock)
|Clubs||OKS Start Otwock|
|Address||Sportowa 1, 05-400 Otwock|
Stadion Startu Otwock – stadium description
The municipal stadium in Otwock, just outside Warsaw, has been used by local club Start since its opening in 1936. The club itself dates back to 1924 but had to play elsewhere in its beginnings. Following inauguration, the stadium was named after Józef Piłsudski, however today its known under a different name, honouring tragically deceased gold medalist in pole vault Tadeusz Ślusarski.
Located near the south exit from Otwock, the stadium shared the fate of its tenant club, falling into disrepair over decades, especially lagging behind in post-socialist reality. Ill-maintained, it had to wait until the 21st century for significant improvements.
Each time the changes were partial and only to meet basic demands. By 2010 the venue had seats installed on majority of its west stand, which was topped by a partial roof. Additional seats received from a different stadium were added in 2016 on the east stand and a small numer in the south. Here the horseshoe-shaped stadium has its away section.
The stadium has players' facilities located in main administrative building in the north east and is neighboured by two training fields and a complex of 6 tennis courts, half of them domed.
#MisjaStadion: Stadiums #61-70 and 175 new photos!
Four new presentations and six updated – here's what we added in recent days to reach ground no. 70 on our way to update 100 Polish stadia. 5 more will come this week, more in the one after. We'll take a break to also enjoy some non-Polish content...