Stadion OSiR Gorzów Wielkopolski (Stadion GKP Gorzów)
|Clubs||KS Stilon Gorzów Wielkopolski|
|Construction||1927 - 1929|
|Attendance record||15 000 (Stilon Gorzów - Lechia Gdańsk, 1978)|
|Address||ul. Myśliborska 1, Gorzów Wlkp. 66-400|
Description: Stadion OSiR Gorzów
Built in 1929, this stadium in Gorzów Wielkopolski remained the city’s largest sports ground until 1951 and is to date the oldest existing football field in Gorzów. It hosted primarily football and speedway, the latter only until 1951, when local speedway stadium was inaugurated. As a memory of those days, stands to this day don’t have a football-specific layout.
The football anchor tenants were changing over the years, rotating between Warta, Gwardia, Unia and Stilon. The last club is one most associated with the stadium after its successes in domestic football (nearly winning promotion to the 1st tier and reaching Polish Cup semifinal).
After regime change in Poland Stilon unfortunately shared the fate of numerous industrial clubs, which fell into despair. No longer able to afford owning the stadium, Stilon transferred it to the municipality’s sport governing body OSiR. OSiR has run a series of gradual upgrades at the stadium, most notably in 2008.