Stadion Miejski w Olecku (Stadion Czarnych Olecko)
|126 (Covered seats)|
|56 (Away section)|
|Clubs||MLKS Czarni Olecko|
|Cost||PLN 7.42 million (2010)|
|Address||ul. Parkowa 1, 19-400 Olecko|
Stadion Czarnych Olecko – stadium description
The municipal stadium Olecko was built in 1930 as part of a larger recreational complex along the bank of Olecko Wielkie lake. Official sources claim the stadium and its secondary infrastructure were used as a training centre by German Olympians ahead of the 1936 Berlin Olympics (Olecko was then under German authority).
With one sloped grass-terrace in the west, the stadium was open towards the lake and surrounding park. The rare three-step terrace remains to date and wasn’t changed significantly until 2010, when seats were installed over parts of it. Central section, covered in stone, went through more change with a vast wooden roof topping it.