Stadion Miejski w Krasnymstawie (Stadion Startu Krasnystaw)
|114 (Away section)|
|Clubs||MGKS Start 1944 Krasnystaw|
|Construction||09/2007 - 08/2008|
|Cost||PLN 16.1 million|
|Address||Piłsudskiego 48, 22-300 Krasnystaw|
Stadion Startu Krasnystaw – stadium description
Located in the west of Krasnystaw, the municipal stadium is home to local club Start, established back in the dark days of 1944, when Nazi concentration camps in nearby areas had just been liberated or closed.
For decades the stadium operated as multi-use venue with a dirt running track. It wasn't until Poland's entry into the EU that funds were available for a thorough redevelopment. With a total budget of PLN 16.1 million, the union funding was 9.4 million, enabling works to begin in September of 2007 and end within less than a year.
The outcome is a stadium with 6-lane running track, natural field and a multi-purpose main stand in the north. While it offers just 200 covered seats, the stand sits on top of a vast sporting and administrative floor space, attached to the town's new sports hall and gymnasium.
In the south a significant grandstand was erected with reinforced concrete, accommodating well over 1,500 people. It was initially planned that cars would be parked beneath it but there was too little space for manouvering vehicles and crowdflow. The open-air space thus serves as shelter for maintenance equipment.
Both of the stadium's curves are open, however the north-west area is occupied by open-air gym and the south-east end has the away fans' enclosure with just over 100 seats.