Stadion Lekkoatletyczny BOSiR w Białymstoku (Zwierzyniec)
|Clubs||UKS 19 Bojary Białystok|
|Renovations||1934, 1935, 1938, 1952, 1963, 1998, 2011|
|Address||Ul. 11 Listopada 28, 15-320 Białystok|
Description: Stadion Lekkoatletyczny BOSiR
Nicknamed Zwierzyniec due to its location in the district bearing this name, this athletic ground along 11 Listopada Street was planned in 1924, when the street was first laid. Opened in 1926, it received its first wooden stand a year later.
In 1934 a brand new stand for 600 people was erected, followed by skydiving tower in 1938, later destroyed by the Nazis, rebuilt in 1950s and again dismantled in 1960s.
Following WWII the stadium was Białystok’s main sporting arena, hosting games of a wide range of sports clubs, primarily football. That dominant role began to fade in 1960s, when largest teams started relocating to other parts of the city, leaving Zwierzyniec for athletics, training and secondary matches.
Current state of the stadium is the result of 1998 reconstruction, when a 750-seat new stand was opened, later renovated in 2011.