Intakus Park (Stadion Ślęzy Wrocław)
|Address||ul. Wróblewskiego 9, 51-627 Wrocław|
Intakus Park – stadium description
The stadium became home to Wrocław's oldest Polish club Ślęza in late 1950s, however it dates back well into the German days, predating 1920. In its early days it was a multi-use stadium with a running track and a wooden grandstand, modest neighbour of much larger velodrome just north of it.
Located within a major leisure precinct with the UNESCO-listed Centennial Hall and zoo (the latter just across the fence), it went through a major upgrade with two landfill stands during the socialist era.
In 1999 it was sold to a private investor interested in supporting Ślęza. While the stadium was partially modernised (west stand became an all-seater), the dream of a new private stadium never came true for Ślęza.
And while it's still commonly referred to as “Ślęza's stadium”, the team effectively got banished from the land within a decade of takeover and the company only wanted to retain land ownership.
Two training fields were converted into a small theme park, tennis courts became a supermarket and the stadium – surely the 'tastiest' piece of the cake – was left for a big buyer or construction permit for a major commercial project. As things stand, there is no team using it.