Albert Flórián Stadion (Stadion Üllöi) – until 2013

Capacity18 105
40,000 (1911 capacity)
29,505 (1974 capacity)
Country Hungary
ClubsFerencvárosi TC
Build year1974
Retire year2013
Floodlights 1,200 lux
Inauguration 19/05/1974 (Ferencváros - Vasas 0-1)
Renovations 1990
Address 1091 Budapest IX., Ülloi út 129


Albert Flórián Stadion – historical stadium description

First football pitch of Ferencvaros was opened in 1900, but a professional stadium came a decade later. From fall 1910 to early 1911 two large grandstands along the field and lower curved stands behind goals were built. The layout was oval despite football soon becoming Ferencvaros’s dominant section.

That ground seized to exist in early 1970s, when a new, this time football-specific stadium was built. As it retained the very same location, it was still referred to as the Üllői út stadium, from the street it was built along.

New stands were opened in time for the club’s 75th anniversary and surrounded almost the entire pitch. Only the east end was empty, having the main office and sports building built behind the goal. Over time also a statue of Flórian Albert was added. Later also the player’s name was included in the stadium.

For over a century of football at Üllői út, the most successful Hungarian club played most of their domestic and international fixtures here. The stadium didn’t see some of the team’s games, because the largest ones were held at national Nepstadion.

Still, Üllői út saw a fair amount of important games, hosting some of Hungary’s internationals, notably the qualifying games of 1998 World Cup and Euro 2000. It was also the place thousands of “Fradi” fans bade farewell to Flórian Albert as he passed away in 2011.

The last game held here was the Budapest derby between Ferencvaros and Ujpest on March 28. 2013. Then the stadium was torn apart, beginning with the west end. New one was rotated by almost 90 degrees and opened in August 2014.




  • Albert Flórián Stadion
    01.01.2011 © Civertan


Related news