Stadio Giuseppe Sinigaglia
|Clubs||Como Calcio 1907|
|Construction||10.1926 - 07.1927|
|Renovations||1990, 2002, 2003|
|Address||Via Giuseppe Sinigaglia 3, 22100 Como|
Stadio Giuseppe Sinigaglia – stadium description
Ground works began in late 1926 and when they ended in 1927, the venue was described as beautiful, real pride and example how to redevelop sports grounds in Fascist Italy along with Mussolini’s vision. It could then accommodate some 6,000 people and had an athletics track as well as cycling circuit.
Over the years many redevelopment plans have been made, but implementation started in 1990 with dismantling and building a new main grandstand. A few years later same thing happened on the opposite side of the ground. But old curves from 1927 stood until 2002-2003 when they were destroyed and replaced by temporary structures. During the revamp stadium lost its tracks that used to separate fans from the pitch.
In 2004 Deep Purple played a concert here, but week-to-week use is provided by footballers of Como Calcio. Stadium’s patron is Giuseppe Sinigaglia, famous athlete and WWI hero.