DDV-Stadion (Rudolf-Harbig-Stadon)

Capacity32 066
11 055 (standing room)
19 502 (seats)
1170 (VIP seats)
71 (press seats)
56 (disabled seats)
27 190 (capacity for international games)
Country Germany
CityDresden
ClubsSG Dynamo Dresden
Other names GlĂĽcksgas-Stadion (2011-2014), Stadion Dresden (2014-2016)
Inauguration 15/09/2009
Design Bayer + Partner Architekten
Contractor BAM Sports
Cost €46 million

Advertisement

Description: DDV-Stadion

In 2006 Dresden municipality was approached by HBM, a BAM Sports subsidiary, with an offer of building a new stadium. With all procedures in place demolition of the old athletic stadium began in November 2007. Construction of the football-specific stands was done in phases, with partial openings done before covering the audience.

Thanks to the simple design by Bayer + Partner the whole process was done within 17 months and led to final opening in September 2009. This way Dresden received a modern venue with steep stands for up to 32,000 people (including terraces), almost 1,200 business seats and 20 skyboxes. From the outside only eastern stand was equipped with office spaces, all hidden behind a 200-meter long glass cladding.

Initially the name was unchanged after the predecessor, but in 2010 a 5-year naming rights deal was signed with energy supplier Glücksgas. The historical patronage of Rudolf Harbig returned during 2011 Women’s World Cup, first large event at the stadium apart from Dynamo Dresden games.

Advertisement

Pictures

Related news

2017

2016

2015

2014

2012