Victoria Road (London Borough of Barking & Dagenham Stadium)
|Clubs||Dagenham & Redbridge FC|
|Renovations||1955-1956, 1957, 1958, 1991, 1995, 2001, 2009, 2012|
|Record attendance||7,200 (Dagenham FC - Reading FC, 1967)|
|Address||Victoria Road, Dagenham RM10 7XL, United Kingdom|
Description: Victoria Road
This little known stadium in eastern London was used first in 1917, but could hardly be called a proper football stadium until 1955. That's when Dagenham FC moved in and carried out a series of renovations: new main stand in 1955, gates and toilets in 1956, floodlight in 1957 and north side cover in 1958.
This allowed the stadium to survive almost unchanged until 1990s, when changes had to come. With Redbridge Forest FC sharing the ground and eventually merging with Dagenham, there was enough funding to further renovate the stadium.
More changes came in 2001 with a brand new seated south stand (and new floodlight masts), while the tallest western stand was erected in 2009.
Over the years Dagenham managed to reach a record crowd of 7,200 in 1967. After the merger with Redbridge Forest FC similar crowds weren't possible, mostly due to all-seater rule being introduced. In its current configuration the stadium has a record attendance of 5,949.