|Renovations||1935, 1946, 1961, 1994-95|
|Record attendance||35 995 (Kilmarnock FC - Glasgow Rangers, 1962)|
|Address||Rugby Park, Kilmarnock, KA1 2DP|
Description: Rugby Park
Rugby Park is home to Kilmarnock FC since 1877, though they didn’t initially play at the current ground. At first they used a rugby-cricket mixed-use venue from which the name derives. The club moved in 1899 to a purpose built stadium, but still not football-specific. At first it had a running pitch as well.
Since 1935 there were several major redevelopments with the last one, from 1994-96, resulting in a completely new venue. Four independent stands with cantilever roof and seating have been joined by a 4-star hotel in 2002. Significant capacity for Scottish conditions along with good infrastructure have resulted in the national team playing here twice in 1997, first time after 87 years of absence. The ground is also used for concerts.