Global Energy Stadium (Victoria Park)
|Ross County FC
|1929 (Ross County - Highland League's team)
|8,000 (Ross County - Rangers)
|Victoria Park, Dingwall, IV15 9QZ
Global Energy Stadium – stadium description
The stadium in small rural town of Dingwall dates back as long as the history of local football club, Ross County. Both were established in 1929 and despite the town having a modest population, very first game here was watched by 1,200 people, many from nearby settlements.
Today, after historical promotion to the Scottish Premier League in 2012, the stadium's capacity is significantly higher than Dingwall's population. But it was back in the 1960s that the ground saw its top attendance to date. In 1966 8,000 people watched the prestigious clash against Rangers. The ticket revenue from that day allowed for the new south end to be erected.
When Ross County joined the central league system in 1994, their stadium was the northernmost venue of all the leagues.
Currently seating sections are built at all sides of the pitch, with new covered north stand coming last in 2012, replacing outdated terraces. For commercial reasons the stadium was renamed in mid-2012 as Global Energy Stadium.
New stadiums: Dumfries and Dingwall
Both the names of their towns and the stadiums themselves are very nice and have a certain charm. No wonder, they may be small, but together have almost 200 years of footballing history, which you can feel by just taking a look. Here they are, as requested by our readers.