Torpedo Stadion Vladimir
|Clubs||FK Torpedo Vladimir|
|Renovations||1958, 1988, 1991|
|Record attendance||20,000 (Torpedo Vladimir - Asmaral Moskva, 27.09.1991)|
|Address||Dvorjanskaja 16A, Vladimir|
Description: Torpedo Stadion
Drawings were ready in 1948, construction lasted till 1950. A significant contribution to this construction was made by German prisoners of war, but the main motor was the local tractor manufacturer of Vladimir. The production plant was also the reason for very high attendances of 10-15,000 people, a rare sight then for USSR league games.
In 1958 new pitch and field were laid along with erection of a new sports infrastructure building. This form existed until 1978 when citizens dismantled the structure during a 'subbotnik'. The aim was to force investment from the central government in a new stadium before the Moscow Olympics. This has however proved too optimistic and no new stadium was built for a couple of years.
Reconstruction became possible only when the tractor factory placed a new stadium in their expenses. A world-class venue was planned with covered stands and soil-heating. However, funding only allowed for new stands to be built in mid-1988. In 1991 floodlight masts were added and further renovations allowed the ground to retain its decent standards.