|Renovations||1987, 2002, 2007, 2012|
|Address||Jahnstraße 1, 69207 Sandhausen|
Hardtwaldstadion – stadium description
When first game was played here in 1951, there was sand instead of grass. But already then name was quite clear. Hardtwaldstadion refers to the surrounding forest, Hardtwald.
Interestingly, it wasn’t until 1987 that a natural turf was actually laid for SV Sandhausen (owner) players. As the club were performing very well in late 20th and early 21st Century, they needed to invest in the ground in order to meet league requirements. First came floodlights in 2002, then new east stand with 2,500 seats (2007) and last expansion were two extra sections at the north, main grandstand. If demand is high enough, new stand on the west is planned. Eventually, however, the club plan to move to a purpose-built new stadium for up to 20,000 people.
Apart from SVS, also youth national team of Germany played their important games here. And in 1995 an all-time high of penalty shots was seen during DFB Cup match with VfB Stuttgart with the tie ending no sooner than at 13:12 in penalties.
Germany: Rainbow stadiums to commemorate Holocaust
This weekend German stadiums might be more colourful than usually. Illuminations, corner flag, captains’ armbands – these are some of the means to commemorate LGBT people as part of this year’s Remembrance Day in German Football.
Hannover: Surprise declaration in favour of legal pyrotechnics
If there's one person you would expect to be sceptical of pyro, it's a minister of interior. But it's exactly his announcement in favour of legal flares that sparked new heated discussion in Germany.