|Renovations||1964, 1970, 1986/1987, 1998|
|Record attendance||30,000 (DDR - Belgium, 13.03.1974)|
|Address||Cantianstraße 24, 10437 Berlin|
In nineteenth century this was an army parade ground, but already in early years of the twentieth century football came along, this place becoming Hertha’s first stadium. However, it wasn’t until 1951 when construction of full-sized stands began, allowing up to 30,000 people to watch games.
In 1964 floodlights were added, tartan track in 1970 and complete revamp of the stands took place in 1986-1987, resulting in partial cover being added. The distinctive, colourful seats came in 1998.
During DDR days the stadium played an important role in East Berlin, playing host to Dynamo, the DDR team and a couple domestic cup finals. Since the reunification of Germany it never had a permanent tenant, only hosting some fixtures (or seasons) by Hertha, Union, Berliner AK 07 or Turkiyemspor Berlin.