Stadion u Nisy
|516 (VIP seats)|
|100 (Press seats)|
|602 (Away section)|
|Clubs||FC Slovan Liberec|
|Renovations||1977-1978, 1995, 1998, 2000, 2002|
|Address||Na Hradbách 1300, 460 01 Liberec|
Description: Stadion u Nisy
Stadium upon Neisse (the Lutitian Neisse River is just meters away from the northern stand) began functioning in 1934. It was first used by SK Liberec, then Slavia, Slavoj and eventually – replacing all of them – Slovan. The club and its predecessors have been playing there with breaks, mostly for redevelopments or due to dated facilities.
First major change happened in 1978, but the most distinctive element of the stadium came in 1995. It was the southern main grandstand, built in the place of partially removed rocky slope. By 1998 two grandstands on both ends were ready, later connected with a new western stand (2002). In 1994 first TV broadcast was delivered from the stadium, while in 2000 floodlights were installed (set up hastily ahead of Liverpool FC fixture).
This series of improvements in late twentieth and early twenty-first century came primarily after Slovan Liberec was progressing in domestic football. They didn’t end with Liverpool, also playing here against AC Milan, Schalke or Udinese. Also, higher standard of the stadium led to a series of Czech national team games since 2005.