|Inauguration||27/03/1932 (Bohemians - Slavia)|
|Renovations||1971, 2003, 2007, 2008|
|Address||Vršovická 31, 101 00 Praha 10|
Ďolíček – stadium description
Growing popularity of “Bohemka” in 1920s made it obvious that the club need a new stadium. Crowds of several thousand outgrew the capabilities of the old ground and resulted in the plan of a new one in 1930.
It was built largely thanks to funds from Zdenek Danner, union leader in the district. To honour him, the club named the stadium Danneruv Stadion. However, the name was changed as the team and Danner parted in dispute.
Opening of the stadium took place during Easter, on March 27, 1932. A crowd of 18,000 watched two games: Prague derby Bohemians vs. Slavia and later Viktoria Żiżkov vs. Teplitzer FK. From that day, though with minor breaks, the stadium has always been the home of Bohemians, cherished and protected from demolition by fans.
The current stadium has three stands: covered main one in the west, northern fanatic terrace and a very small set of seats in the east. Severely constrained by nearby streets, the ground proved very hard to redevelop, leading to abandonment of several concepts.
The capacity of 18,000 was reduced over time. In 2003 it was still 13,388, largely on terraces. By 2007 it fell to 9,000, then 7,000 and now stands at 5,000. The changes came as new rules required individual seats.