Stadion pod Goricom
|Clubs||FK Budućnost Podgorica|
|Renovations||1947, 1954, 1975, 1989, 2004, 2006|
|Address||Vaka Đurovića bb, 81000 Podgorica, Crna Gora|
Description: Stadion pod Goricom
History of this venue dates back to WWII period when Italian soldiers were stationing in the city. They arranged a field to play on and this field became a stadium soon after they left. By 1947 first stands were already in place, but have been destroyed along with club offices of Buducnost in 1954 fire. Rebuilding brought back two sections with further work happening no sooner than in 1975.
In 1980’s there was a plan to finish the structure to reach 32,000 capacity (22,000 covered), but they never came to fruition. And there was a need for this as stands were almost always filled to capacity during the Yugoslavian league games. During that decade only floodlights were installed, though (1989).
Next big changes came in 2004 as the stadium received individual seating, infrastructure was renovated and stands behind goals received 2nd tiers.