|Clubs||Club Esportiu Europa|
|Renovations||1943-1944, 1960, 1963, 1992-1995 (new stadium)|
|Address||Secretari Coloma 140, Barcelona|
Description: Nou Sardenya
The Sardenya stadium in Barcelona was built already in 1940, bearing the name of a street alongside which it was erected. First renovation works came in 1943-44 when CE Europa were able to finance a new grandstand for 1,000 people, mostly from just one transfer of a player to FC Barcelona. In 1960 came a new pitch and further expansion of the stands and in 1963 came artificial lighting.
However local architecture began smothering the ground. When it was built in 1940’s, the district was almost uninhabited. But with Barcelona growing the municipality started to cut off pieces of the stadium, first terracing, then even club offices. They had to make room for new roads that cater for the growing community. Thus in 1992 a complete redevelopment started, ending in Spring 1995. The ground was moved slightly and closed between four roads, with artificial pitch. The Nou Sardenya has spectator zones all around the pitch, but only main grandstand has seating and partial cover.