RSK Olimpiyskyi Donieck
|85 (VIP seats)|
|79 (Press seats)|
|Clubs||FK Szachtar Donieck|
|Other names||Stadion Lokomotiv (1955-1970)|
|Address||Artyoma 88, Donetsk|
Description: RSK Olimpiyskyi
Construction of Stadion Lokomotiv (as it was called until 1970) started in 1955 and first events took place already in 1956. However it wasn't officially inaugurated until 1958, when all sections for estimated 20,000 people were finished. Then it was expanded in 1970 and renamed to Olympic Stadium.
Despite its new name it still served football for the most part, especially after the 2003 redevelopment which made it the best venue in Donetsk. Both Shakhtar and Metallurh moved to this stadium, but the latter left just a season later, while Shakhtar stayed only until 2009, when their new Donbass Arena was built just 300 meters away.
Apart from league fixtures this was the heart of Euro 2009 (junior category), when Ukraine reached for their very first championship, at this very ground.