Stadio Comunale Pino Zaccheria
|7,121 (East stand)|
|5,871 (Curva Sud Piero La Salandra (south))|
|5,846 (Tribuna Nord Francesco Mancini (north))|
|146 (Press seats)|
|510 (VIP seats)|
|Renovations||1932, 1937, 1965, 1974, 1980, 1985, 1991, 1998|
|Address||Via Vincenzo Gioberti, 71122 Foggia|
Stadio Pino Zaccheria – stadium description
It all started from a modest wooden stand back in 1925 and making it officially a stadium three years later. First concrete section came in 1932 and the wooden one was replaced by another concrete structure in 1937 – far enough from the pitch to incorporate a running track. Along with war reconstruction funds came two curves behind goals and the venue was complete.
Not for too long, though, as in 1964 the track has been removed. Foggia fans had to wait a while for new stands. First one, on the east, came in 1974 and two end sections in 1980. In 1985 came floodlight masts and the redevelopment was complete in 1991 with the new main grandstand.
Last major works included conversion into all-seater in 1998. Since then it’s not only used by US Foggia, but also for non-sporting events, like the 2010 Eros Ramazotti concert.
Italy: Police allowed to use tasers inside stadiums
The controversial stun-gun accounted for hundreds of deaths will now be allowed for use against violent hooligans inside Italian stadiums. This is only one of many changes after the tragedy from May.