Stadion Čika Dača
|Clubs||FK Radnički 1923 Kragujevac|
|Inauguration||06/06/1957 (Radnički - Partizan, 2-2)|
|Address||Kralja Milutina 23, Kragujevac, Serbia|
Stadion Čika Dača – stadium description
Name of this stadium in northern Kragujevac honours “Uncle Dacha”, Danilo Stojanović. It was Stojanović who brought football to Šumadija (central Serbia now) back in 1903, when the sport was unknown here. While the stadium was built much later, it received that name due to its great size, among the greatest in Serbia.
Despite being built on landfill, which is among the easiest techniques, it took long 9 years to complete. When ready for use it was able to hold 30,000 people and did fill for opening festivities, which included both Belgrade legends – Partizan and Crvena Zvezda.
Biggest redevelopment to date happened in 2007, when three sides were covered with seats. The northern curve remained almost untouched, though still in use. This brought capacity down to some 22,000 and later, when the curve was sealed off, it fell to just over 15,000.
There are plans to improve the last outdated section and build a brand new covered main grandstand in the east.