Cambuurstadion

Capacity10 250
Country Netherlands
CityLeeuwarden
ClubsSC Cambuur
Inauguration 12/09/1936
Renovations 1949, 1961, 1980, 1994, 1995, 2003-2006, 2008
Address Cambuurplein 44, 8921 RG Leeuwarden, Nederland

Advertisement

Betting sites Betway

Description: Cambuurstadion

Though Cambuur SC was only able to advance to the Eredivisie in 1992 for the first time, its stadium has been a significant location on the Dutch football map long before that. Opened for the first time in 1936 with only one stand, the stadium grew to 14,000 (three stands) in 1949 and was one of the first to have floodlights in 1961.

Further changes came in 1980, when the south and east stands were built, standing to this day. New main grandstand was opened in 1995, preceded in 1994 by north end. These four independent stands form an “English-style” stadium with open corners.

After 2000 several minor structural changes were carried out, like replacement of seats or technological upgrades. In November 2013 decision was made to build a new stadium, because the old one is neither up-to-date, nor big enough.

Advertisement

Pictures

Related news

2017

2015

2014