|Clubs||FK Liepāja, FK 1625 Liepāja|
|Address||Piejūras parks, 1013 Liepāja|
Olimpija stadions – stadium description
Used primarily by reserves of FK Liepāja, this dated stadium of over 1,000 capacity also serves FK 1625 Liepāja for some games. Its infrastructure is currently very modest – one concrete stand resting on old bunkers of this strategic military port.
Its name might sound confusing since it’s only used for football, but this wasn’t always the case. When first opened in 1920s, the stadium was multi-use served Olimpija, the very first champion of Latvia’s professional league Virslīga (1927). However, Olimpija was disbanded before WWII ended and cycling track around the field was removed. During the Soviet era name was changed to Dinamo, along tendencies in the USSR, but this decision was finally reverted.