|Clubs||Sligo Rovers FC|
|Renovations||2001, 2006, 2009, 2012|
|Record attendance||13,908 (Sligo Rovers - Cobh Ramblers, 17.04.1983)|
Description: The Showgrounds
The Showgrounds – a stadium in Sligo erected in 1928, from the very beginning home to Sligo Rovers. Name derives from agricultural exhibitions held here since before the ground actually became a football venue. Until 1968 it had been leased by the club, but then thanks to financial support of the community it became Rovers' property. Along with contract details it cannot be subject to mortgage, sold or used for purposes other than sport and leisure.
Since 2001 it's been renovated several times. First came the new covered stand with cantilever roof (2001), then new turnstiles and club shop followed in 2006 and 2009. In May 2009 further enhancements took place with the club participating in Europa League – two seated stands were renovated and a new parking came along. In July 2012 new end stand was opened with 1,300 seats, called for sponsorship reason the Volkswagen Bank End. Thus the capacity is now exactly 4,000 seats.