Herman Vanderpoortenstadion (Lisp)
|4,311 (Standing places)|
|142 (VIP seats)|
|522 (Bussiness seats)|
|56 (Press seats)|
|1,000 (Away section)|
|Clubs||K. Lierse SK|
|Renovations||1965, 2000, 2009|
|Address||Voetbalstraat 4, 2500 Lier|
Herman Vanderpoortenstadion – stadium description
The ground was built in 1925 and from the start used by Lierse. The name used to be Lisperstadion, originating from the district’s name Lisp, but was then changed to honour Herman Vanderpoorten, previous mayor and minister.
When built, the stadium had only one wooden stand. It stood there for 40 years to be replaced by concrete structure in 1965. Another renovation of this side took place in 2000. At the same time old stand behind goal was demolished and replaced with 2-tiered section with skyboxes and business seats. Opposite to it is a relatively new away section and matchday command centre, organized in what used to be the business section before the 2000 renovation. Last stand is “Den Berg” (“Mountain”), named so as it was originally a natural slope of land. Currently it is however a regular single-tiered covered stand.