We might not have renderings for you yet but the moment is what many have been waiting for. This week consultation begins over Anfield Road Stand expansion, which will eventually bring Anfield capacity to 60,000.
Liverpool FC are inviting local residents, supporters and businesses to the first stage of consulation meetings regarding further expansion of Anfield. The stadium grew significantly in 2016 and it has long been the intention to proceed with Anfield Road end redevelopment as well, adding over 6,000 more seats to overall capacity.
The club has distributed some 5,000 leaflets to inform the community about five upcoming public meeting dates:
- November 29 / 4pm–8pm / The Kop Bar, Kop Stand;
- November 30 / 12pm–3pm / matchday pop-up information stand at Anfield;
- December 2 / 4pm–8pm / The Kop Bar, Kop Stand;
- December 3 / 12pm–4pm / The Kop Bar, Kop Stand;
- December 4 /5pm–8pm / matchday pop-up information stand at Anfield;
So far the club hasn't revealed details of the development. What is known is that the size of the new north end would roughly match the now-dominant main stand. It would also likely offer premium seating aside from general admission tickets.
More information is to be published on the club's online hub devoted to further stadium expansion. In the future the website should also enable online consultation.