Most of them were already interviewed. All 13 are suspected of various offenses, from perverting the course of justice to manslaughter.
After nearly 25 years from England's most infamous football disaster first people are facing charges. Independent Police Complaints Commission informed it has identified 13 police officers as suspects in the ongoing investigation. All of them are also suspected in the general new inquest into the tragedy.
The IPCC said 11 of these had already been interviewed relating to a range of offences including manslaughter as well as perverting the course of justice. A spokesman said the other two would be interviewed in the near future.
On April 15 1989 a deadly crush occurred in the Leppings Lane end of Hillsborough, killing 96 people. Shocking new information from 2012 revealed that many of those people may have been saved if proper rescue tactics were implemented. Instead officers on site were unprepared for the course of events.
Meanwhile the local police were found to run a hideous campaign of pushing the blame onto supporters after the tragedy (by misleading media and altering documents) to hide their own responsibility for what unfolded that day.