A rare situation preceded Australian football game on Saturday, when light bulb exploded, showering fans with glass. Young boy was injured and other fans relocated to different sections.
Saturday night was to deliver a great Australian football game between St Kilda and Essendon, but not the kind of accident that preceded it. A floodlight bulb exploded, dropping small glass pieces on fans below.
A young boy suffered minor head injuries once the glass came down. Stadium staff immediately relocated fans in the vicinity to other sections of Etihad Stadium.
Etihad Stadium spokesman Bill Lane has said the incident was a one off and is currently being investigated.
“It’s a one of in the 13 years of the stadium, it may have been a design fault it may have been a foreign object that got into the light,” Mr Lane said.