Compared to Romania's newest arenas in Bucharest or Cluj-Napoca they're nothing special, really. But then compared to the rest of the league, not bad at all. Two stadiums with quite some character.
The municipal stadium opened in 1935 in Piatra Neamţ is among the best stadiums in Romania thanks to extensive redevelopment from 2007 that allowed it to become all-seated and approved by UEFA for international games, soon used by, for example, FC Vaslui in their European campaign of 2011.
Erected in 1924 it waited for glory until 1948, when local side IC Oradea won national championship. Another great event came in 1984 as Romania faced Israel in what was possibly the largest crowd seen here, in excess of 30,000. And third symbolic moment was the renaming in 2008, when football legend Iuliu Bodola was announced the stadium's patron.
For decades the Oradea stadium was one of very few in Romania to have a “football-specific” layout without a running track. The stands used to hold over 22,000 people, but since conversion to all-seating the number halved.